Chapter 91

'That was the kind of man Edith Riegelhoff had in her sights. Damn it!'

What a thrill it must have been for this man to receive a charming smile and a pat on the back from a woman he had never dared to look at.

Fred Sicily became almost Edith's dog.

He would give her all the information he had about the railroad business.

He also gave her many gifts.

But as soon as Edith had all the information she needed, she cut off contact with him.

Fred, who was addicted to love like a drug, was almost insane, and he followed her everywhere, insisting on his love.

'Then he went down to the estate at the behest of Viscount Sicily...... so why is he here now?'

I asked as calmly as I could, though I felt myself shaking, "I heard that you went down to the estate, but when did you come?"

"I was just released from probation not too long ago, and my father let me go because I pretended to forget about you in front of him. If I'd known this would happen, I'd have lied and said I'd forgotten about you sooner. Haha."

This is not good.

"I'm afraid I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if you have anything to say, please put in a request for a visit to the Ludwig mansion. Then, bye."

I smiled and tried to walk past him.

"I put in a visitation request all the time, and I get turned down."

My arm was grabbed and a gruff voice came from right beside me.

"Let go of me!"

"I don't want to, Edith. I'm not letting go of you this time."

"Aaaah!"

I screamed, as soon as I realized he was going to do something dangerous to me.

There are people coming and going right in front of me, someone will see this way.

And I made eye contact with a man who glanced this way.

"Help me!"

But as soon as I screamed, Fred clamped his hand over my mouth, and the man who had made eye contact with me turned away and went on his way.

Even if not him, there's no way my screams couldn't have been heard all the way out there, and no one was even looking this way.

'W- what? No way, is the author intervening again?'

I shouted in confusion, trying to pry Fred's hand away.

But Fred was kind enough to explain why no one was paying attention to me.

"Don't get involved in what goes on in the back alleys, that's the unwritten rule of this country. Haha."

What the hell!

But then Edith's memory flashed back to a similar piece of advice.

"If you're walking down the street and you see something going on in the alley, not on the main street, don't get involved."

"Why?"

"Because even if you do, you're not responsible for it, and it's none of your business. Don't make a name for yourself by meddling."

Apparently, a tutor or something like that had told her that when she was younger.

'Why is that just now coming to mind?!'

If it had occurred to me before, I wouldn't have come to this dingy alley without an escort in the first place!

And with that, Fred subdued my struggling body with a fearsome force and dragged me somewhere down the alley.