Chapter 88

'What is that?'

Leila slowly approached the window and carefully picked up the envelope slipped through the window sill.

– Dear Miss Leila Sinclair.

She couldn't tell who had sent it, but she knew it was for her.

Half worried, half excited, Leila opened the envelope and unfolded the letter inside.

– Dear Miss Leila.

......I saw you looking at Killian Ludwig at the National Day ball today, and you looked quite bewildered.

The truth is, I, too, was beyond bewildered at Edith Riegelhoff's shameless behavior and felt outraged.

We can't let Killian fall for the ploy of such a vicious woman.

I have a very good plan to get rid of Edith Riegelhoff, but I can't do it alone.

If you, Miss Leila, are also feeling the wrath towards that woman, please show up tomorrow at the address below.

The letter, which she read after skipping all the formal greetings, was written in a polite tone with a proposal to get rid of Edith together.

A normal person would have been suspicious of the letter's sender, but Leila, who had been burning with rage against Edith all day, was actually delighted.

'Apparently, I'm not the only one who hates her!'

She felt like her anger had been justified.

Leila was finally able to calm down and get some sleep.

The next day, Leila went to the address in the letter, accompanied by a maid and a knight.

It was one of the many alleys that stretched out on either side of Le-Belle Marie Street.

"This is it?"

Leila checked again and again to make sure the address on the letter was the same as the number on the building.

The door creaked open before she could knock.

"Come in, Lady Sinclair."

It was a knight, his face expressionless.

The Sinclair knight escorting Leila tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword, but the knight from inside the building was very polite.

Leila raised a hand to stop her escort, glanced around, and stepped into the building.

The old red brick building looked dreary from the outside, and it was dark inside as well.

"Why is it so dark?"

Despite its shabby exterior, the building was decorated like a home for a wealthy commoner.

However, unlike its dust-free and clean state, it was devoid of any human warmth.

"I apologize. As this is a private meeting, I'm afraid I've brought you to a place that is not suitable for you, Lady Sinclair, and I ask for your understanding."

The knight's still polite demeanor softened Leila's heart.

The knight led Leila to the second floor of the building, and when he opened the door to the second-floor parlor, a calm-looking woman in her mid-twenties was waiting for her.

"Welcome, Lady Sinclair."

Unaware of the woman's rank or status, Leila gave a slight nod and sat down on the couch as she suggested.

"I would like to know the identity of the person who wrote to me first," said Leila with her chin up.

The woman across from her smiled weakly. "I can't tell you exactly who it is, but I'm sure you can guess......"