Chapter 45

As a result, my weak body caused by starvation gradually improved and my dizziness slowly disappeared without even trying.

I was well on my way to recovery when I heard the outcome of the incident.

Someone came to my room, whispered something in Anna's ear, and left, and she told me the details.

"A few suspicious circumstances have been raised, but Miss Lizé said she didn't want to make a big deal out of it......"

"She's going to bury it again?"

"Yes......"

"That's very strange......"

Indeed, it is.

When she buried the peach pie incident, all I could think about was thanking her, but I found it a little strange that she kept pretending that an incident like this had never happened.

To save me?

No, I don't think so.

In the meantime, I've heard from Killian that even Cliff and the Duke admit that it doesn't make sense that I would try to poison Lizé right after the peach pie incident.

So in that sense, I'm a little bit off the list of suspects.

So it's just that Duke doesn't want any incidents to grow from within this house?

Hmm. That's understandable.

Lizé is still a guest here, not a family member.

'The Sinclairs can't be outed already, so maybe the flow of the story is leading Lizé to bury it.'

One giant conspiracy theory.

But that doesn't explain Cliff's demeanor.

When it comes to Lizé's safety, Cliff will do anything. Even at her request, he can't simply leave it at that for an incident that directly threatened Lizé's life......

'If that's the case, does it make sense to go against the flow of the original story?'

I shook my head at the thought.

It's too hollow, too tiresome, and it doesn't explain the voice in my dreams explaining the rules of the game to me.

'Someone is playing a game with me...... but there are levels I can take to intervene and change the story.'

That's what I got from the voice in my dream.

I met the first condition, so I got the exception.

However, I can't reveal the truth about myself until I pass all three conditions.

The truth about me, about Edith, is almost a twist. Being able to tell that truth would make a huge difference in the story.

And to make that much of a change, I'd have to meet all the conditions of the three-level exception, which is probably......

'The more levels I go through, the more I can change......!'

My fists clenched into fists.

I thought about it a few times, making different assumptions, but it seemed like that was the only reason why the "levels" existed.

The problem is, just like level one, I don't know what the exception conditions are for levels two and three.

It's like watching a cow walk backward and hoping it catches a mouse.

'This is so evil, and you're enjoying watching me struggle, aren't you?'

While I was lost in my thoughts, Anna, who had been visited by someone again, approached me.