Chapter 106

"I suppose in your eyes, Renon, I'm the kind of woman who would betray her family with the flip of a palm."

"No, to be honest, I think you have the courage to turn your back on your family. How many women are treated like tools because they don't have that courage? And that's wrong."

If I hadn't met Killian first, I would have liked Renon.

A sincere man with an expressionless face who says sweet things in a subtle way, he's a little less dominant than the male leads, but what a great guy to marry and live with!

"......you are a good person, Renon."

"This is my first time receiving such an evaluation."

"That's because other people don't know the real you, and I hope you can meet with a really nice lady."

"Thank you for thinking so."

Renon bowed nonchalantly, showing no sign of being flattered.

I went back to organizing the documents for the Ryzen estate, imagining Killian and I running Ryzen together.

It was such a thrilling imagination that I couldn't help but smile.

***

Tricia, where the territorial war was taking place, was sandwiched between Ravena, Ludwig's territory, and Pizarro, Riegelhoff's territory.

The lord of Tricia was out for blood, having been forced to surrender his estate to the Riegelhoffs, but unfortunately for him, the victory had been tilted in favor of the Ludwigs from the start.

"This time, an armored cavalry corps and an infantry division appeared from behind Mount Roseto and flanked our troops, resulting in a heavy defeat."

"Duke Ludwig is probably the best in the Empire when it comes to tactics."

"Cliff Ludwig and Killian Ludwig are knights beyond their father. It's hard to believe they've never fought a war."

As one despairing report after another came in, a grim mood settled over Count Riegelhoff's camp.

Count Riegelhoff's usually immaculately groomed hair was disheveled, a few strands falling across his frowning brows.

"Bastards! They've deceived us so thoroughly. Is this the way to treat your ally?!"

Count Riegelhoff was outraged by the fact that Duke Ludwig had been hiding their military power from them while he had been deceiving them at the same time.

Even though he should be blaming himself for being confident that he fully understood the current state of Duke Ludwig before starting the territorial war.

Shane was equally surprised.

He'd always looked down on Cliff for being lucky enough to be the heir to the dukedom, seeing no difference between him and himself.

But the Cliff they met on the battleground was a monster.

Rumors that he resembles the previous Duke Ludwig, who led the war against the Janok Kingdom to victory, do not seem to be false.

'Damn it, damn it, damn it!'

Realizing the gap between himself and Cliff as the days went by was not a pleasant experience at all.

Even Cliff's brother Killian was far superior to Shane.

In one particular battle, Shane's entire soldiers had crumbled under Killian's hooves.

"This is Edith's brother? I can't believe it."

Killian's scornful voice echoed in his head like a nightmare.