Chapter 100

Leila, who continues to spread malicious rumors about Lizé, is disgraced and her reputation eventually sinks in social circles.

Suddenly, they have a change of heart, recognizing Lizé as Cliff's wife and targeting Killian instead.

As I pondered this, I realized something in hindsight.

'Oh, Edith in the original isn't even in a position to be attacked. Cliff and Killian both have their eyes on Lizé, which is why she is the only one being attacked!'

But it's different now.

It would be easier for them to attack me, who has no hill to climb [1], and take a seat next to Killian, rather than mess with Lizé, who appears to be under the Ludwigs' protection.

[1] Don't have someone to rely on.

'Well, then, it's just a matter of probability.'

And unfortunately, the Sinclairs' offer created an excellent opportunity for me to fall.

'Even if I were the Duke, I would still prefer Leila to me.'

There was nothing more to be gained from the Riegelhoffs.

Edith Riegelhoff's value had already hit rock bottom.

'Besides, if the Riegelhoffs get into trouble any time soon...... the Sinclairs' offer will look very appealing.'

The back of my head was throbbing.

'I could be divorced even if Killian doesn't slit my throat.'

Nothing is going to be easy.

It's not just about saving my life anymore.

Of course, if I do get divorced, I won't have to worry about money. I'll have a nice mansion and a generous alimony payment, just like I said at the National Day ball.

'But......'

I took a deep breath and walked back into the parlor.

Killian, who hadn't even looked my way until I approached, leaned in and whispered as I took my seat.

"Can't she go to the restroom by herself? Why didn't you just ask the maid to do it?"

"Still, she's a guest."

"You're being too nice."

Killian smiled and muttered something that I couldn't tell was a reproach or a compliment.

The smile that curved his lips looked so sweet.

Seeing that, I came to the realization that I was being greedy.

'Now, more than the mansion and the money, I want...... Killian.'

Where will the survival story of a villainess who deviates from her principles lead?

'I wonder, too, really.'

I gulped down my tea to stop myself from sighing.

***

Count Riegelhoff, who had been quiet since the National Day ball, had suddenly declared a territorial war against House Ludwig.

When Killian dropped by my room to tell me the news with a worried look, I felt a chill run down my spine, even though I had expected it.

'Ah, finally......'

The moment I had been dreading had come.

A territorial war against House Ludwig is the same as declaring House Riegelhoff digging its own grave.