Chapter 29

"Yeah...... I will."

For the next two days, he was plagued by an inexplicable guilt and headache.

Then, on the night he heard that Edith had woken up, he was awakened from his not-so-deep sleep by a suspicious figure.

'What is this, an assassination?'

As he reached for the dagger he had hidden under his pillow, he realized the next moment that it was Edith who had broken into his room.

The faint scent of roses announced her presence before the sound of her footsteps.

Wondering what brought someone who had fainted to wake up in the middle of the night and come over here, he let her do her thing.

Edith crept to the bedside and stood there for a long time.

Just when he thought it was an assassination, she slowly leaned in.

The smell of her sweet flesh was so intoxicating, Killian almost forgot to breathe.

After a moment's hesitation, Edith kissed him lightly, just enough to provoke him.

A light kiss that didn't go between his lips, didn't go in, didn't go deep.

If he had been deeply asleep, he probably wouldn't have noticed.

The moment Edith kissed him, Killian opened his eyes in surprise.

He looked up to see Edith standing right in front of him, eyes closed, lips still pressed together.

Her long brown lashes fluttered, and her thin eyelids slowly opened as her lips parted.

But Edith wasn't surprised to see Killian's eyes open. It was as if she had known he would wake up.......

"I- I'm sorry, that...... I'll just go back on my own, so......"

Killian couldn't let Edith go, leaving only a hollow kiss behind.

'So, the rumors of you using your body as a weapon are true, and now that you're at a disadvantage, you're trying to seduce me with your body?'

The inexplicable guilt he'd been feeling quickly dissipated, and a heat that he didn't know whether to call anger or excitement rose from his lower abdomen.

He was horrified, but part of him wanted to see how far he could go.

Before he could think of anything else, he had his hand on Edith's forearm.

"You've done all the pretending, and now you're too horny to play?"

No, he was horny himself. A violent, one-dimensional desire, perhaps.

He knew it, but out of habit, he pressed on, rebuking Edith.

"No, I just wanted to kiss......"

Killian hastily pushed Edith down on the bed as she timidly tried to protest.

'What kind of lame excuse do you have for wanting to leave after just a kiss.......?'

Killian smirked, determined to see what this woman was up to.

"Come on, satisfy me like the flower snake of Riegelhoff, you never know, I might even get lustful."

"Eh......?"

Killian pulled off Edith's robe, looking embarrassed, and slipped his hand into the hem of her nightgown, which he'd been finding so erotic since the last time he'd seen her.

Her smooth thighs shivered at his touch.

"Ki- Killian, can I do this?"

"Can I do this? What are you asking?"