Chapter 90

"Moonlight Bookstore has the fastest turnaround on new releases of popular romance novels, Fiancée sells really pretty bonnets and lots of couture, and Pink Cake sells a lot of cute accessories......"

Lizé was surprisingly knowledgeable about Le-Belle Marie Street. I assumed she had been there a lot, and then she told me something surprising.

"Every three months, Le-Belle Marie Magazine comes out, and I'm memorizing the names of the shops there. One day, when I have a friend, I'll definitely go there together......"

My heart ached.

Anyone who goes out in social circles under the Duchess or Cliff's aegis speaks highly of Lizé. The older ladies, in particular, can be quite generous with her.

But not the ladies her own age.

To them, she is just a lowly illegitimate child who has Cliff and Killian hooked.

'How desperately she wanted a friend that she brought me here.'

Even if it was at the Duke of Ludwig's request, I was the one who had 'stolen' the second male lead.

As I had sensed, Lizé seemed to have given up on getting Killian back. In fact, I'm not even sure if the things she did that seemed to seduce Killian were her own ideas or the author's.

"Lizé, let's go over there."

I grabbed Lizé's hand and together we headed to Fiancée.

She looked a little confused, but I helped her try on a few things to find the best bonnet for her, and even spread out a parasol in front of her and twirled it around.

Lizé's expression gradually softened, and later she was clinging to my arm and laughing in a clear voice.

'It's kinda...... nice, isn't it?'

Thinking about it, I couldn't remember ever having a friend my own age.

Sure, I had them in college, but as I got into the workforce, I lost them one by one.

I couldn't help it. Unlike my school days, when I could just go to school and see them, after graduation, I needed money to see them, and I didn't have it.

But now, with Lizé, I could spend money to my heart's content. That too with the Duke's money!

'Once again, long live the noble possession!'

While I was happily enjoying my life with money and a friend, Lizé whispered, "Edith, by any chance, do you like romance novels that are a little smutty?"

"Oh, well, I've read Madam Graham's Secret Flirtation?"

"Oh, yes! Have you read that one?"

"Anna recommended it to me. It was very hot, wasn't it?"

Lizé and I giggled again.

"Actually, the Moonlight Bookstore I mentioned earlier is famous for romance novels, but the Millane Bookstore is more famous for smutty ones, so why don't you come with me?"

I nodded, trying not to burst out laughing. "That's very helpful information, Lizé. I can't wait to go."

In fact, the last book I read, Madam Graham's Secret Flirtation, was such a fun erotic romance novel that I thought it would be a hit if it were published in 21st-century Korea.

The scenes were very, very hot because there was no R-rating rule in this era.

"It'd be a little embarrassing if the maids knew...... so let's just go by ourselves, because if Cliff finds out, I'll be in trouble," said Lizé, clasping her hands together.