Chapter 13

Cliff was already seated at the table, and Killian, who had followed behind me, took a seat with a grim expression on his face.

Lizé, the hostess of the event, poured tea into the guests' cups and briefly explained the refreshments for the day.

I sipped my tea as Cliff and Killian raised their cups.

'I miss coffee, but this isn't bad.'

Lizé's tea was fragrant and somewhat sweet, with a clean aftertaste, just like the tea served at the Duchy of Ludwig.

While I was admiring the flavor, Cliff, sitting across from me, made eye contact with me.

My heart skipped a beat because he was the second most handsome man I had ever seen.

"You seem to be adjusting well to life here......"

I smiled nonchalantly, though I was very curious as to why he said that out of the blue.

"It's because everyone in the Ludwig family has been so considerate of me, I suppose."

"But isn't it too soon to be helping the Duchess with her work already? You're newlyweds...... why don't you take a trip with Killian?"

At that, Killian's eyes immediately turned vicious.

'Aha! You're trying to use me to get him away from Lizé, aren't you?'

I had just witnessed a sibling love affair over Lizé. It's like a shrimp caught in a whale fight.

"Umm, I don't know, Killian seems to be really busy......"

"Killian's busy? He hasn't been doing much lately."

Killian snorted and shot back. "Maybe you should get out and inspect the estate, it's almost winter."

"Hmm...... I suppose so. Lizé, do you want to come with me on the estate inspection? You said you wanted to try traveling before."

Gosh, it's clear that the male lead is one step ahead of the second male lead.

Lizé was the only one who looked flustered.

"Oh, I, I......"

"Why are you putting her in such a difficult situation? Lizé, you don't have to mind about what my brother says."

"But I'm afraid that if I'm not here...... you're going to put her in a more difficult situation."

Lizé's gaze flicked to me for a moment, then away.

I could tell that Killian's love for Lizé was nothing more than gossipy speculation. It's a little far-fetched, but you could argue that they're just getting along like good siblings.

At least, that's how it is when he and Cliff are hanging around Lizé.

But what happens if Cliff leaves to inspect the estate and Killian doesn't leave Lizé's side?

Even under the same circumstances, they would be seen as a pair in an instant.

Rumors will soon spread that Killian is in love with Lizé, and he hasn't gotten over her, even as a married man.

As for Lizé, it would be even worse.

'Wow, even though you're only a year older, you have a different level of thinking.'

I felt like a bit of a spectator.

In the meantime, the refreshments Lizé had laid out were really good, and I ate an éclair instead of popcorn and watched the sibling fight.

Cliff laughed softly at my nonchalance and passed the ball to me. "So, what do you think, Miss Edith?"

"Yes?"