Chapter 122

'Does it make sense for the author to lose?'

Lizé, or rather, K, screamed in her mind.

This outcome had never occurred to her, and now that it had, she didn't know what to do.

K was a writer whose first web novel, written for fun, became a hit.

Having always been praised for her academic excellence from a young age, she was depressed after a series of unsuccessful job applications, so she turned to romance novels to distract herself from her reality and started writing, thinking, "I can write something like this too."

She created a female lead named Lizé Sinclair who embodied all of her aspirations to the point where she could forget all about his gloomy reality, and a male lead named Cliff Ludwig who embodied all of her desires.

Her first work, "I Refuse Your Obsession," was written by mixing clichés of romantic fantasy appropriately.

The number of people who read it grew day by day, and soon a major publisher offered to publish it.

And the first book she published was an instant hit.

A fandom quickly formed, and readers in fiction communities and cafes praised her.

This instantly boosted her confidence...... a little too much.

'I mean, how many books have I read since I was a kid and how much knowledge do I know? It's definitely different from what those kids wrote.'

Quickly immersed in the "successful author" role, K cynically reviews the web novels of other authors, criticizing them and posting malicious comments in the guise of a reader.

– The characters are flat and the story is childish. It's like the author didn't put much thought into it.

– This reminds me too much of "M* Wo***". Did you sell your conscience, author?

– Why would I pay to read something like this? I hit the back button immediately after reading the free chapters. My coins are too precious for this.

At first, she said what she didn't like about it, but later on, she just wrote malicious comment after malicious comment.

But K never felt the slightest bit guilty.

'I'm helping the readers save their money, so they can spend their time reading something better.'

Meanwhile, she formed a writers' club with writers she met online.

Of course, there wasn't a single writer in that club who was better than K.

And in the name of the club's development, K evaluated each member's work once a month.

"I think you're using too few vocabulary words, you should read more books."

"Don't you think the plot is too far-fetched? You'll be criticized if your plot is this bad."

"I don't think you have the skills to write yet."

K's criticisms were harsh, but the Writers' Club members expressed their gratitude, saying that her sound advice had brought them to their senses.

So there was no need for K to be humble.

Then something unpleasant happened.

A work written by one of the members of the Writers' Club had become a huge hit. It was a success that surpassed "I Refuse Your Obsession."

The members of the club congratulated the new hit author and asked her to evaluate their work.

'What the hell? She only got a hit because she got a good promotion, but she's so arrogant.'