Chapter 41

"I'm sorry, Lizé. I didn't mean to make you feel so bad. I'm really...... really okay."

"Edith!"

Lizé stepped in front of me and grabbed my hand.

Killian's eyes narrowed and he seemed to read my mind.

Yeah, he must be suspicious, since I'm blabbering on and on about how I'm fine.

"I don't believe it."

Not surprisingly, Cliff wasn't convinced.

He seemed offended that Lizé had been framed for attempted poisoning.

He glared at me and Sophia, then called for some maids.

He ordered them to search my room.

"What, what are you doing!"

Sophia jumped to her feet in surprise, but she was no match for Cliff's ferocity.

But I honestly didn't care. Sophia must have put in the poison, and there was no way it would be found in my room......

"What is this?"

......I'm screwed.

In his hand was a small glass vial of a clear liquid. Suspiciously, even at first glance, there was a piece of paper with a picture of a skull attached to it.

'That's poison, no matter what anyone says. It's obvious.'

Cliff was no exception, and his eyes immediately fell on me.

"That's...... not...... mine."

"Interesting, then who do you think hid it in the ceramic decorations in your room?" Cliff questioned mockingly, waving the small vial in front of me.

His mouth was smiling, but the look in his eyes made me think he was going to strangle me at any moment.

Luckily, though, Lizé clung to him. "Cliff! Edith is a patient, what are you doing to a patient!"

"But Lizé!"

"Edith said it's not hers. Why are you blaming a patient? And it could be just makeup or emergency medicine."

Lizé was eagerly defending me, but I was convinced that the thing Cliff was holding was the one that I'd eaten, because Sophia's face was more nervous than ever.

'Did she leave that in my room? Ugh...... now who's the fool?'

I'd rather she just throw it outside.

Of course, this episode wouldn't go like that.

The episode would be too long if the vial was hard to find and it would be hard to figure out who it belonged to, so the author decided to go with this simple solution.

I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes.

Even Killian's gaze on me was too much for me right now.

By the next afternoon, the vial proved to be a poison that caused abdominal pain and vomiting.

Well, it was to be expected, and it was clear that my future was bleak.

Cliff was furious that I'd staged a self-inflicted wound to frame Lizé, and even though it wasn't Cliff, everyone would definitely suspect me.

"Crazy! To search the room right away......! So annoying!"

Sophia, the cause of all this, was getting annoyed next to me.

"You're acting all smart, but can't do anything right."

I grunted at her while lying on the bed, and she glared at me with a fierce expression before punching me in the stomach.