Chapter 77

"Looks like Cliff's got his mind set on something, huh?"

Anna smiled slightly at my comment, then asked, "Aren't you going to prepare a dress for the upcoming ball?"

"Oh, I'll wear what I have."

Apparently, Edith had a reputation for never wearing a dress again, but I cannot allow myself that luxury.

Besides, the dresses in my closet were worn by the past Edith, not by the current Edith, who is now possessed by Choi Soo-na.

'There are many dresses I have yet to try on.'

I think I'll pick one that's not too noticeable and wear it.

But I must have been the only one thinking that, because shortly after lunch, Killian barged in.

"Come out with me."

"What? Where?"

"Boutique."

"To get fitted for something to wear to the National Day ball?"

I was excited to see if I could watch Kieran get fitted.

But he avoided my gaze slightly and replied, "While I'm fitting mine, you'll be fitting yours as well."

"I'll just wear what I have."

"This is our first formal event together since we became a couple. I'd like us to go out in matching outfits to put to rest any rumors of a feud."

The word "feud" makes me feel like I am a celebrity.

Honestly, I don't know that it matters, but seeing as how the nobles here live and die by their reputations, I figured it couldn't hurt to go along with Killian's idea.

"Very well. Let's go. But can we go without a reservation?"

"Such is the power of the Ludwigs."

"Ah, yes, sure."

Killian and I exchanged a few lighthearted jokes, and then got ready to go out.

As we walked out of the room, there was a buzz of noise near Lizé's room.

'Judging by Killian's sudden insistence on going to the boutique...... is it still bothering him to see Lizé and Cliff together like that?'

Killian seemed to be acting like it didn't bother him, but I was getting a little irritated with him.

Sure, I love him, and although his attitude towards me has been quite positive lately, it's not easy to give up a longtime crush so quickly.

I decided to be the sunshine version of Edith to cheer him up.

If nothing else, it's going to be a rainy day today, which could further depress Killian's mood.

"Where are we going? Are we going to Ruayal Boutique?"

"Madam Ruayal's tailoring is second to none, but we're going somewhere else today."

"Oh, I'm looking forward to it."

As the carriage carrying us pulled away from the mansion, I fidgeted with my hands and moved closer to Killian's side.

I immediately receive a stare asking what I'm doing, but the sunshine version of Edith is unfazed by this.

"I'm cold. Aren't you?"

"......no, not really."

It's just that when people are cold, they have more lonely thoughts.

I followed my original route of comforting Killian, snuggling up against his body to keep him warm.

Somehow it seemed like an act that satisfied my self-interest, but my intentions were pure. Really!