Chapter 89

'Is the flow of the story weakening and the relationship between me and Lizé becoming more and more like a normal love-hate relationship?'

Is this being too positive?

'Or is it Lizé's plot?'

Again, I'm thinking too much. What could she possibly do to me in that glittery street.......

As I was spinning in a whirlwind of confusion and doubt, Lizé added with a smile, "Actually, His Excellency the Duke of Ludwig has asked me to take you to the town before you go down to the estate and let you buy anything you want......"

"R- really?"

"Yes. In fact, I was going to tell you when we're done shopping, but the Duke is feeling very sorry for you, and I don't think he's quite ready to tell you that, so please bear with him."

I was surprised.

The blunt Duke of Ludwig felt sorry for me.

After all, he'd paid me a compliment when we were about to leave for the ball!

'The flow of the original story has really changed a lot! I thought it would be harder to win his heart than Killian's.'

No wonder he asked Lizé, not Killian.

If Killian took me out shopping, it would be like he was buying me something.

But if Lizé took me out shopping, I'd know that the money was coming from the Duke's pocket.

'And I suppose he hopes I'll notice that so he can ease up on me.'

My jaw dropped at the thought of the tiger-like man's nervousness.

'The Duke of Ludwig wanted me to do this, so I suppose it's all right?'

If the two of us were to go out, we would be escorted by the Ludwigs' knights, and we would be playing under their 'watchful eye', so it was unlikely that anything would happen.

'I also wanted to see Le-Belle Marie Street, though......'

I didn't get a chance to explore Le-Belle Marie Street, although I did stop by when I got my boots done with Killian.

I was curious, though, because it seemed like it would be very Rofan-esque, with lots of cute little shops.

"Well, shall we?"

"Really? Wow, that would be exciting!"

Lizé smiled brightly, clapping her hands together.

"By the way......"

"What?"

"When we go out that day, who else is going with us?"

"My maid and knight."

Hmm, that's dangerous.

I'm feeling a little short on people who can testify that I didn't do anything.

"I'd like my maid and one more knight to come with me, just in case something happens."

Lizé tilted her head. "What do you mean, just in case? Le-Belle Marie Street is a very safe neighborhood, so no one carries a knight there."

Ouch, does saying 'just in case' make me look like I'm up to something again?

"Oh, if- if that's the case, I'll just take Anna then."

"Sure. We'll need someone to carry our bags."

We parted ways, promising to leave in two days.

That night, Killian, who had been to the palace, stopped by my room and asked how my day had been.