Chapter 12

'Hmm? I guess Lizé is in a good mood.'

Lizé pressed her lips together and tried to hold back a smile. Her eyes were glued to the style book, and I could tell she was excited about her new dress.

'She said she only came to see, but she must be happy to have a new dress. She can't even express her wishes with her own mouth, poor thing.'

I returned to my room with a light heart, hoping that I had managed to win Lizé's favor.

***

Three days after the wedding, the Duchess began to assign me tasks.

When I arrived at the Duchess' office, I was greeted by none other than Lizé.

"Welcome, Miss Edith!"

She smiled, her face as cheerful as ever.

"Good morning, Miss Lizé, I see you're here early?"

I returned her greeting with a smile.

Knowing the original story, I wasn't surprised to see Lizé in the Duchess' office, because I am not the real Edith.

"How can you entrust the family's documents to someone who is not a family member of this house, not a noble, and hasn't even learned anything either......"

It was a valid question, but since Lizé was already being treated like a daughter of House Ludwig, the Duchess found Edith's complaint quite offensive.

Therefore, I decided to respond with a wry smile. "I'm afraid I'm not very good at this, so Miss Lizé will have to teach me a lot."

"I'm only good enough to run errands for the Duchess."

"I don't think Mother would have just anyone by her side, so let's get along and have fun."

Lizé led me to a place to sit and work, while the Duchess looked at us with a happy face.

She seemed pleased that we were getting along so well.

Ink and pens, a document tray, and a stack of papers were placed on my desk.

'Even in this world, I feel like I'm working for a company...... why do Koreans make people work even in Rofan novels?'

I sighed as I remembered my first day at work.

But one of the life wisdoms I learned in my previous life is that it never hurts to learn something.

'Most likely, I'll end up running away at night, but you never know. Killian might turn around and take me down to the mansion.'

If he does, I might be able to put what I've learned to good use.

"Edith."

"Yes, Mother!"

"That bundle of papers I gave you is probably not organized at all. They're probably all mixed up, and I need you to organize them by date."

"Do I just need to organize them by date, or do I need to categorize them by client or by item?"

"I'd appreciate it if you organized them that way."

"Okay!"

It was such a simple task that I was embarrassed to admit I was nervous.

I picked up a few stacks of papers and started going through them one by one.

'It's a problem because there's a lot, but the work isn't difficult.'

Although some of the papers were handwritten and took a while to 'decipher', I managed to sort through them with relative ease.

"Wow, Edith has a good head on her shoulders, that's neat."