Chapter 17

'I must have been an idiot.'

In my 28 years as Choi Soo-na, I never once thought I was an idiot, but I guess it's because I've never seen a truly handsome face in my previous life.

'I thought a man's character and heart were important, but that was all my hypocrisy......!'

I pondered Killian's rapturous face again and again until I could barely feel my toes and limped back to the mansion.

The visual and mental trauma caused by Killian's face does not diminish what I must do today.

I made my way to the Duchess's office.

"Starting today, I need you to organize the documents in there and write up a nice list of what we need to buy, in what quantities, and at what prices. It will probably take a few days because of the volume, but there is no rush, so take your time."

"Yes, Mother."

The documents given to me today were about weapons and armor that House Ludwig wished to purchase.

'Have they completely let their guard down on me, letting me touch these documents......?'

The details of weapons and armor purchases should be top-secret information, but judging by the fact that they've given me the task of organizing them, it seems my efforts have not been in vain.

It was clear that the blade pointing at my throat was moving further and further away.

I began to organize the documents, grouping them by type, and describing the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon and armor.

As I did so, I tabulated what I could see. I wrote them down in a table so I could see them all at a glance later.

I was so engrossed in sorting and organizing the documents that I didn't even realize that someone was standing next to me.

When I looked up, Lizé was standing next to me, watching me work.

She made eye contact with me and smiled, but I felt a pit in my stomach.

'Not again.'

It's been a really strange symptom ever since.

There was something about the way she was looking at me that was strangely disturbing.

'Is it something that Edith in the original story has by default?'

Considering that I possessed the character of a Rofan novel with full memories, it was entirely possible.

I'm trying to change the things that are destined to happen in this world, so maybe there's a force trying to keep things the way they are in the original story.

'I can't lose to the original character settings, or else I'll lose my head.'

I swallowed hard and smiled prettily. "Lizé, when did you come?"

"Oh, just now...... but......"

"Yes?"

"What's this?" asked Lizé, taking the piece of paper I was tabling and scratching her head.

"It's a table. If I organize it like this, it'll be easier to see at a glance later."

"I've never seen anyone organize like this."

"Uh...... really......?"

Is there a world without tables?

In reality, tables have existed since time immemorial, but the author may have intentionally set up a world without them.