Chapter 130

"Are you crazy?"

"I did it because I'm not crazy."

The first consonants of a harsh expletive threatened to leap out of my mouth, but I tried my best not to sound angry.

"And the yacht incident was also you, then?"

As expected, Lizé nodded.

She replied so obediently that it made me feel even angrier.

"So tell me, why on earth did you do that, and why me?" I asked, giving her a half-hearted smile.

She had probably been controlled by the author, but I hoped she would give me a more plausible answer.

Lizé, who had been staring at the floor, suddenly burst out laughing.

"You're the best Edith of all the Ediths I've ever played against, I didn't expect I'd lose."

"What......?"

Something was off.

"All of the Ediths?"

"You're the 13th Edith."

"What?"

I was confused by her strange phrasing.

What is she talking about? Does she mean that I've been reincarnated 13 times without my knowledge?

"No, before we talk about the 'Ediths,' tell me about you. Who are you?"

With an ominous and uncanny sense of foreboding, I asked Lizé's identity on a whim. Somehow, it felt like I had to.

And my hunch wasn't wrong.

"I'm the author of "I Refuse Your Obsession." I was reincarnated as the female lead of the novel I wrote."

Apparently, it's a reflex to be so surprised that your eyes widen and your mouth drops open. I realized I was making that expression without realizing it.

"The author? The author who's been trying to frame me as a villainess and kill me all this time, you're the one?"

"Yeah," she replied dryly, as if it didn't matter.

"Why...... did you do that?"

"Why? Because I'm supposed to be the female lead of this world forever, and you're supposed to be the villainess who gets jealous of me and dies trying to get in my way, isn't that what the original story was about?"

She answered so shamelessly that my anger boiled over.

However, I calmed myself down by pressing my forearm where the bruise had not completely gone.

"Earlier, you said I was the thirteenth Edith, so you mean there were more Ediths before me?"

"There were twelve more before you."

"Uh, how could......?"

"I made them transmigrate into this world and they reincarnated as Edith."

It was hard to keep my head above water at Lizé's shocking confession. This transmigration was not accidental, it was intentional!

"Why?" I asked in a shaky voice.

Lizé replied rather brazenly, "You're dead anyway, shouldn't you be thanking me for giving you one more chance to live?"

"Who asked you that, I asked you why you made me transmigrate to this world!"

As my voice rose, Killian knocked on the door from outside.

"Are you okay, Edith?"

"Whew...... I'm fine, don't come in."

While I could barely contain my outburst, Lizé looked toward the door and gave me a wistful look before obediently answering.