Chapter 144

10. Flashback (3)

'No, this can't be ignored. It's a little early, but I think I'll have to use Sophia.'

Nervous, Lizé tweaked the original flow to have Edith and Shane run into each other.

As expected, Edith rebelled against Shane, and a few days later, Shane stormed into the Ludwig mansion with Sophia in tow.

'If she rebels, Sophia will never let her go, and she'll end up helping the Riegelhoffs, just like Edith in the original story.'

There hasn't been Edith who hasn't cowered in the face of violence, and eventually succumbed.

So Lizé tried to wait until the very end to have Sophia appear, but Killian's change in character was more significant than she expected, so she had to insert her into the story earlier.

But to her surprise, Edith didn't give in to Sophia.

'Is she crazy?'

Lizé was shocked by Edith's defiance, even to the point of being beaten by Sophia and starving herself of food.

'What the hell is she trying to do?'

Even though she was going through such a hard time, she wasn't trying to reveal her situation.

She's always been arrogant in front of Killian.

'Well, that won't change the original story.'

Lizé smiled like an angel as she watched the starving Edith stare at the peach pie.

The original "cake poisoning incident" could easily turn into a "peach pie poisoning incident".

When Edith woke up after eating the poisoned peach pie, Sophia pointed to Lizé as the culprit, even though Edith said she was only nauseous until the end. But the episode has just begun.

Cliff, as per the original story, searched Edith's room and found the poison bottle, and Edith was suspected of staging her own poisoning.

'Now, give up, Edith.'

Lizé put on her angel mask and saved Edith's life, expecting her to despair at the situation being no different from the original.

To despair at her situation, even though she had met the first exception condition.

So when Edith brought her the embroidery thread as a gift, Lizé thought it was poisoned, just like in the original story, though she was soon to be disappointed.

'I know you're trying, but I'm sorry, it's no use. You'll die a villainess, and I'll live forever as a female lead.'

Laughing at Edith inwardly, Lizé poisoned the embroidery thread and laid it out in front of the maids who were to be her witnesses, and soon collapsed with a pale face.

Cliff and the Duke of Ludwig were very angry, believing it to be a plot by Edith, but Killian rushed to her first.

Lizé pitied Killian's change of heart, for he had never set his eyes on a woman other than her, but she knew he would soon return to her.

But then another twist happened.

"Edith is adamant that she didn't do it, and it's actually a pretty convincing rebuttal."

Cliff returned from a meeting about the case with a frown.

He added, "It's just that the 'revenge' was so immediate after the poison pie incident that it's rather odd. Edith obviously knew very well she would be the one suspected."

In the original, Edith is still under suspicion, but it was the logical way in which the 13th Edith had maintained her innocence all along that moved the hearts of the Ludwigs.