Chapter 47

"But I didn't mean to seduce you."

"You walked into a man's bedroom in the middle of the night in a sexy outfit and kissed him, but you didn't mean to seduce him...... what a very convenient excuse."

"Oh, no, I really just wanted to get a quick kiss, just one kiss. I swear."

I tried my best to explain, but Killian shook his head mockingly.

Well, from his point of view, it might have looked like I did seduce him......

And it was clear to me what he thought of me.

A lustful woman who uses her body to cover her lies!

Wow...... in my previous life, I never thought I'd get such a great title......

"I think I understand what's going on here, Killian Ludwig is the fish you successfully caught, so now you're going to focus on other prey?"

"What? Haha, Killian, what kind of imagination are you running on? What do you mean other prey, is there even any prey around here that I can catch?"

I laughed at his ridiculous assumptions, but Killian gritted his teeth and leaned closer to me.

It was only then that I realized he was breathing quite heavily.

"I've heard rumors that you're a skilled hunter, and you use your advantages so well."

"Advantages?"

His lips touched the nape of my neck unexpectedly.

"Where do you think I heard that Edith Riegelhoff's skin was so smooth and fragrant?"

"Ah!"

He brushed his lips over the nape of my neck and nipped at my shoulder.

"At the social club where young men gather, you were quite the hot topic. Do you know that?"

It didn't hurt where he'd bitten me, but it made me gasp.

"Even when I didn't want to hear it, it was always talked about – how tempting you are, how many men have fallen for you......"

That's a little unfair.

No matter how much I searched Edith's memory, I couldn't remember ever crossing the line with a man.

Sure, she'd flirted with them, and she'd pretended not to notice their flirtatious touches, but she'd never allowed them to go beyond that.

That was Count Riegelhoff's directive.

He would sell me to whoever would buy me, but I must be a virgin or I would be worth less.

So all those people talking about me and spreading stories must have been bluffing.

But who would listen to me?

"So tell me...... how easy would it have been to seduce a man?"

"N- no, no......!"

"You know that's how men lose their minds."

He pulled my nightgown down impatiently.

Even as I listened to his insulting words, a strange sense of anticipation filled me, and I didn't actively stop him.

But just when I thought he was about to lash out, Killian suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.

"Ki- Killian......?"

His gaze was fixed on my shoulder.

'What, have I done something to spoil the mood?'

It's probably because I was in the throes of excitement that the thought crossed my mind.