Chapter 132

"You're being fooled by this kid's mask! Do you know what she said to me earlier?"

Then Cliff looked at Lizé and asked softly, "Lizé, what did you say to this man?"

"He thought he was a father just because all he did was move his lower body. So I told him that I don't accept him as a father, not even if he's a Ludwig."

Cliff didn't raise an eyebrow at the harsher phrasing.

"She said exactly the right thing, so what's the problem?"

Count Sinclair huffed and puffed, then snapped, "Then you shouldn't take the name Sinclair!"

"Oh, I won't have to, the temple finally allowed me to ditch the surname," Lizé replied as if she had been waiting.

The only reason she still wore the surname Sinclair until now was because the Temple did not allow her to disassociate herself from her family. The contract says they can't claim ties, but religion is a separate matter.

But even religion can't keep you out of reality.

It was hard for the Temple to withstand the pressure of Duke Ludwig, who was so close to the highest power in the Empire, and at last, Lizé was able to part with her surname, Sinclair.

"Farewell, then, Count Sinclair."

Lizé flashed that angelic smile of courtesy and took Cliff's arm, heading for her room.

***

At the same time, Leila ran into Edith, who was walking slowly, holding onto the railing.

The Duke and Killian didn't pay much attention to Count Sinclair, who ran to Lizé, and Cliff, who followed slowly behind.

This made Leila feel a little bolder. Truth be told, she was blinded by the fact that her plans had been blown to smithereens.

"Oh my, who is this? Isn't this 'the one who survived'?"

"Ah, Young Lady Sinclair."

Killian shot a sharp glance in her direction, but Edith waved a hand dismissively.

"I've been thinking about it before, but you have a great deal of mental strength; you've survived alone with all your blood relatives dead, and there's not a hint of guilt or fear in you. I know you've always been a little shameless, but......"

Edith just smirked at Leila who made fun of her openly.

"I thought you were here to take my place now that my 'expiration date' is over, but seeing as you didn't say anything about it, you must have failed, right?"

Tilting her head at an angle, Edith looked pleasantly arrogant.

As Leila gritted her teeth, Edith quickly wiped the smile off her face. "I told you not to look down on my husband. He's not for the faint of heart."

Then she slowly walked over to Leila and lifted her chin with the tip of her forefinger. "And my husband has a good eye. You can't do much with this."

As soon as she said that, she flicked her finger to the side, causing Leila's head to snap in that direction and then quickly return to its original position.

"You, how rude......!"

"'Rude' is when a mere Count's daughter does this to me, the Countess of Ryzen."

Leila couldn't argue with Edith's words, which were even more outrageous than before.

It was as if Edith, who had been a mere nuisance before, now had a knife in her back.