Chapter 112

"No, they're already coming this way. Don't take my words lightly, if you want to save your life, please run. I'm telling you this for your brothers, who are counting on you. Cliff Ludwig won't spare...... anyone here, not even you."

"But we don't get paid until the job is done. We've only gotten a down payment."

My impatience ran out. At this rate, even those who have done me small favors would fall under Cliff's brutal blade.

There were so few people who did me favors in this life or my previous one, and I wanted to make sure they were spared.

'Is there anything I can give to them now......?'

It wasn't a jeweled dress I was wearing, and the hair ornaments were a corsage and ribbons, so it couldn't possibly be money.

I looked at what I wore and paused. I remembered the ruby necklace around my neck.

It hadn't been taken from me yet, thanks to the dress that covered my neck.

It was a shame, since Killian had bought it for me. But if I blacked out, Sophia might take it.

Better to give it to these people than to that bitch.

"Hey, I have this...... necklace around my neck."

"Huh?"

"It's a good quality ruby and gold chain, it'll be worth a lot of money if you sell it, so take it and run."

The two men looked at each other again and hesitated.

"It's over when Sophia gets here, come on!"

At my urging, the man who had tied me up carefully lowered the neck of my dress and pulled out the necklace.

"Take that and run right away. I don't want the people who did me a favor to die, so just go. And don't argue over who gets what!"

They nodded stiffly and put the necklace into one of the mercenaries' pockets.

Before they left the basement, they glanced back at me.

"E- excuse me......"

"What?"

"Um...... good luck."

I smiled weakly at the awkward goodbye.

Nameless extras who wouldn't even be mentioned in the original story.

But I know they have siblings they get along with, and I've just received a favor that might just save my life.

"Good luck to you two."

And as soon as they left, I heard another voice in the distance.

Unfortunately, it was a woman's voice.

"What the hell took you so long?"

Sophia's voice, openly disparaging of the mercenary, made me realize why the two men had taken such a liking to me earlier.

'It's easy to build empathy when you have a shared enemy.'

I guess I should thank Sophia for that.

"Ah, haha. Don't be too hard on me, I was just admiring the noble lady's beauty."

"Why are you, a hillbilly, fussing over how beautiful such a woman is?"

If I were that mercenary, I would feel bad hearing that.

In any case, the two men thought of me, and quickly disappeared without incurring Sophia's wrath.

I prayed they'd run straight without hesitation.