Chapter 62

"Raw strawberries are a bit tart, so I prefer sweetened or just strawberry scent."

"Your perfume doesn't smell like strawberries, it smells like roses."

"When I wear perfume on my body, I like it to be flowers rather than smell like food."

Killian nodded, a look of new-found information on his face, then leaned toward me and sniffed the scent.

"Not bad."

Ugh, what's wrong with him today?

Huh? Wait...... is he trying to stir up Lizé's jealousy, and do I need to help him with this?

I had mixed feelings, but I didn't have time to dwell on them.

For now, I decided to pretend to be friendly with Killian. Even if I'm wrong, there's no harm in pretending to be friendly.

"Are you saying it's not bad but not good either?" I asked in a low, flirtatious voice.

Killian stared at me before answering, "I think...... it's good."

"I'm glad to hear that the scent I wear all the time appeals to you, too."

Lizé and Cliff's stares stung, but I feigned ignorance and kept my eyes on Killian.

Killian kept his eyes locked on me and smiled softly.

As if to lighten the mood, Lizé began pouring tea into the teacups.

"This is a strawberry black tea I got from Martinez's. I don't know if it will suit Edith's taste."

"The tea you gave me last time was delicious. I trust your taste."

As I praised Lizé, I heard her laugh again.

With that, the four of us made light small talk and leisurely enjoyed our tea and light snacks.

All the while, my mind was racing, trying to figure out how the story would flow.

'If there are things happening that aren't in the original story...... and there's a three-level exception condition, doesn't that mean that the ending of the original story doesn't change if I don't pass those levels?'

If I can avoid dying without fulfilling the third condition, then there is no reason for the third condition to exist.

While I was thinking about that, Lizé said to Killian in an apologetic voice, "By the way, Killian. I'm sorry, but I was wondering if you could come with me to Le Belle-Marie next Friday? I got a call that the shoes I customized with you the other day are finished."

"Oh! I can't believe it's already been that long."

"Yes. If you're busy, that's okay......"

"No, no, I'll come with you."

Killian accepted lightly, and Lizé smiled brightly.

Then she caught sight of me a moment too late.

"Oh, if it's something Edith doesn't like, Killian doesn't have to come with me! I- I can go alone."

The way she waved her hands in the air was cute.

But I found her attitude strangely off-putting.

I saw Lizé and Cliff make eye contact before she made this offer, so I wondered why she asked Killian to go with her and not Cliff.

I mean, I know she ordered the shoes with Killian, but why does she have to go with Killian to pick them up?

'Weird...... I can't stop feeling that something is off whenever I see Lizé Sinclair...... or is it just me?'