Chapter 121

But then Count Riegelhoff and Shane went ballistic, demanding to kill me too.

That wasn't in the original either. Of course not. Because in the original story, Edith's head falls off before this scene happens.

'What? What happened?'

I was so stunned that I couldn't help but look up at Killian, and the look in his eyes was somehow fiery. Is this the same man who said he wouldn't kill me?

I wondered if Duke Ludwig would try to spare me, and sure enough, he said he would respect Killian's decision. But Killian was getting angry again when he was told to take me to the dungeon for questioning.

'Anyway...... Edith's ending has changed, hasn't it......?'

I was a little confused, since I thought I was going to die.

But regardless of my confusion, the knights ordered by the Duke grabbed me from either side and pulled me to my feet.

Seeing this, Killian's temper flared again.

"Get your hands off her!"

The knight standing to my right panicked and raised his hand up, inadvertently catching my scarf in the button of his coat sleeve and pulling off with him.

"Ah......!"

It was a cheap scarf, but the cold air hit me as soon as the thin scarf came off.

I shivered, then glanced back at Killian who had a very strange expression on his face.

It wasn't just Killian's expression, but that of the Duke, Cliff, and everyone else around him.

It was as if they had seen something very unbelievable......

"Your face......"

Killian said through clenched teeth. But with just those two words, I realized what made them have shocked faces.

'Oh, right, my face is a mess......'

My face had been beaten twice by Shane during the kidnapping and three times by Sophia in the basement of Wellesley's villa, leaving it so bruised, but I was lucky that my nose and jaw were not broken.

No wonder Baron and Baroness Reuben, who had helped me up to the capital, didn't recognize me, or the knights who roamed the streets.

Because my face was swollen and bruised, and it didn't look like my face at all.

There's no way such a face could have healed in just ten days.

The purple and green bruises around my cheeks were still clearly visible.

It was Duke Ludwig who spoke first. "Who did this? Was there any harshness in your capture?"

The knights who had brought me in quickly shook their heads.

"No, she was already in this condition when she was captured!"

"Then what happened? Were you beaten by some thugs while running away?"

At that moment, Killian, who had been staring at me blankly, spoke without turning his head. "Edith was also held at Wellesley's villa, where my mother and Lizé were kidnapped, and that's when she was beaten."

"What? Cliff, didn't you say Edith wasn't at the villa?"

Cliff looked a little flustered at the Duke's questioning. It was a rare sight to see the male lead flustered.

"No, she wasn't there! I searched every room in the two-story villa, and there was no sign of Edith at all, and her maid also stated that she was not there!"