Chapter 123

"I'm so tired. Tired of insisting on my innocence, tired of being labeled a liar......"

"And now you want to live again?"

I'm not sure if she's angry because I wanted to die or because I wanted to live.

Something didn't feel right, but I replied nonetheless. I need that hot-water bottle.

"Because Killian believed in me."

"Killian...... yeah, Killian was the problem, always has been......"

"Lizé......?"

That was really weird.

It was so unlike Lizé that it gave me goosebumps.

"So what? You'll be labeled a liar and suspected of being a villainess again."

"Liz–"

"So, just think about dying. You should die here today."

What the hell does this mean?

Why is Lizé saying such strange things?

No, why is she suddenly pulling a dagger out of her pocket?

"Lizé, why, why are you like this?"

I stepped back from the bars as Lizé slashed her arm with the dagger and screamed.

"Aaah!"

She threw the dagger she was holding into my cell.

'Why are you giving me that when I asked for a hot-water bottle?'

I just stared at the scene in disbelief, because this situation didn't feel real at all.

'Am I still asleep, or is this a lucid dream?'

That's the more plausible speculation. For the good and righteous Lizé Sinclair to try to frame me so brazenly would have turned the world of "I Refuse Your Obsession" upside down.

But contrary to my vain hopes, she didn't hesitate for a moment and began to play the victim.

"Get a grip, Edith! Why are you doing this!"

"N- no, what are you......"

As I stammered, not knowing what to say, Cliff, Killian, and a couple of knights burst in as if they'd been waiting.

"What's going on? Lizé!"

Cliff was the first to come, quickly wrapping his arms around her like a true male lead.

Then, through her torn sleeve, he noticed that her forearm was bleeding.

For a moment, I thought I saw sparks fly out of Cliff's eyes.

"E- Edith tried to stab me all of a sudden. I- I was just trying to give her a hot-water bottle......"

With tears welling up in her eyes, Lizé looked deeply hurt.

I was almost mesmerized by her amazing acting skills.

"I...... I didn't. I didn't do it......" I stammered, saying such a stereotypical thing.

At that moment, Killian, who was watching from afar, snatched the key from the knight, unlocked the door to my cell, and came inside.

I missed Killian so much, and I was afraid that he would be disappointed in me, that the little favor he had for me would fade away.

If I'd known this would happen, it would have been better to die a moment ago......

Once inside the cell, Killian picked up the dagger lying on the floor without even bothering to look at me.