Chapter 113

"You are talking nonsense. It's not about my will."

"Have you ever confessed? I mean, you're the one who's been with him all these years."

"I'm not stupid enough to do something I know the consequences of."

"Isn't love, just the act of confessing it to someone, an absolute joy? To you, anything that doesn't work is worthless. I'm disappointed in you, Sophia, if you really think so."

I said it to buy time, but the more I said it, the more it made me sick.

I added, "I know...... it's not easy. I haven't confessed yet either, and I'm hoping to do it before I die......"

"Then it's too bad. Because you're going to die here today."

"Well...... you should at least try to confess before you die. That's the only way you'll have no regrets."

I kept seeing Killian's face before my eyes.

The way he used to look at me with nothing but contempt, the way he used to sneer at me, the way he used to get angry and impulsive, and the way he used to smile softly at me......

'I should have at least confessed that I loved him.'

But I didn't have the courage.

I always took a step back because I knew the original story. If Edith in the original had been coldly rejected after begging for his love, I assumed the same would happen to me.

Killian is no longer the Killian of the original story......

'If I'm rescued from here and see Killian again...... I'll confess. Even if he rejects me, it's still meaningful to tell him how I feel.'

I'd been in a few relationships in my past life, but I'd never confessed my love.

No wonder. I didn't date men because I loved them, but because I needed them.

I was content with the fact that they liked me, and I drew a line in the sand because I didn't know when they would leave.

Now, for the first time in my life, I want to confess.

"But I think you'd rather not confess, even if you had the chance."

Sophia, who seemed to have regained her composure, smiled wickedly.

"You're not under any illusions that Killian Ludwig is nice to you, are you? It's all just a play, don't you know?"

"......what?"

"He 'advertised' that he was nice to Count Riegelhoff's daughter so that he could fight House Riegelhoff later without drawing suspicion."

"Killian is not like that! Of course, I don't expect him to love me, but–"

"You've been fooled, then. You're still a fool."

Sophia giggled. It was a laugh that made it clear she wanted to hurt me.

"We've already done the investigation, and the person who made the best use of your 'billboard' is Killian Ludwig."

Sophia clicked her tongue as if she felt sorry for me.

"Sure, he's handsome enough for you to be fooled, right? How is it now? Do you like the result of betraying your family by giving in to such carnal desires? Do you like it?"

"No, Killian is–"

"You still haven't come to your senses. It always takes a beating to wake you up."

And suddenly the whip swung again.

With a snap, my other forearm tingled.

"Ahh!"