Chapter 92

"Fred. You're under no obligation to accept my apology, but calling me 'not the kind of person to apologize' sounds like something I should be apologizing for on my end."

"What?"

Fred looked genuinely puzzled. What the hell was so incomprehensible about that?

"You've always been an arrogant woman who looks down on others, a domineering little devil, and for you to apologize is ridiculous."

Ah...... Fred.

Even if you didn't look like a squid, I would have rejected you.

"So I guess that means you've been crying about true love without even knowing me very well."

"What?"

"Fred. You don't know how much I've suffered from men like you, all of them jumping at me based on my looks and my family name. Do you know how awful those covetous eyes were?"

My blood was boiling.

But then I heard another voice in my head.

[Edith Ludwig's death as a villainess puts the story back on its original flow. Three minutes to go until death.]

Yay, the time to death has been extended by three more minutes!

I don't know how much longer I can extend it, but I'm going to have to hang on for as long as I can.

"At first, I thought you were different, but in the end, you whispered the same words as the other guys. Do you remember?"

"W- what words......"

"You said, 'When are you going to give your body to me?' As if you shouldn't have given me that much information and brought me a gift......"

"Isn't that a given?"

"It means that...... my body was your purpose from the beginning, and you can't put the word 'love' on it."

Fred's breathing became ragged.

I wondered if I was provoking him, but I needed to set his memory straight. A distorted memory of a man who saw himself as a pitiful victim.

"I was really disappointed in that, and that's why I cut off contact with you. I sometimes wondered if I had misunderstood you, but the way you talked to me today, it seems I hadn't."

Fred didn't seem to know what exactly he'd done wrong, but his fiery momentum from earlier had waned.

"I'm sorry I didn't live up to your expectations. I'm a completely different person from nicknames such as the little devil or the flower snake of Riegelhoff, I'm just an ordinary girl."

"Then why did you do that to men? You used them under the guise of giving them your heart, took advantage of them, and then abandoned them!"

"I was the one who was taken advantage of by men. They would come up to me and whisper that they loved me for who I really was, but in the end, they wanted my body, and I rejected them!"

"No way......!"

"Well, since I got married, I've been living my life the way I want to. The only party I've been to this year is the National Day, I don't care where people gather, I just read my books and live in peace. Boring, right?"

I smiled at Fred and paced slowly. I walked over to the window and pretended to be lost in thought as I looked out, even though it was hard to see outside due to the heavy dust on the windows.

I was pretty nervous about pretending to be nonchalant with a man holding a dagger behind me.

"Even if you were with me, I guarantee you'd be sick of it in half a year, I'm not the girl in your fantasies."