Chapter 109

'Killian is not really in love with me, he's just physically attracted to me!'

I am his first woman, his first experience, and he's feeling a little responsible for me.

It's probably the first time in Killian's life that he's ever done this, so I can understand Catherine's misunderstanding to some extent, but it's embarrassing...... too embarrassing.

"Yes? He's in love?"

The incredulity in Leila's voice made me glance over at her, then I locked eyes with the surprised Lizé.

Lizé, please stop looking like that......

"Why? You don't think so? Do you think you know Killian better than I do?"

"I- it's not like that......"

"Do you know how dirty his personality is? Oh, dear, there's the Duchess here."

"That's okay. I know Killian's personality well."

What does the Duchess know?

"I'm glad to hear you know too, Duchess. Anyway, Killian is not the kind of man to go around with anyone he doesn't like, even if it is his wife. He's even always told me that he doesn't like me, a princess."

Princess Catherine shook her head and continued, "But that kind of man came forward against me, a princess, to stand up for his wife, saying I was a bit harsh on her. Do you know what this means?"

I could see Leila's clenched fists trembling.

She said nonsense out of nowhere, but I hope she realized that one of the characters in this story was standing right beside her.

Princess Catherine suddenly turned her head this way. "Why are you so quiet, Edith?"

Princess Catherine asked as if I was waiting for this to happen, when in fact I was very embarrassed.

"Stop acting like you don't know, and tell me. What a hot relationship you and Killian have."

Talk about what? What's hot?

Princess Catherine started calling me friendly, but I was a little confused if she was on my side or not.

"Ha, haha...... I don't have such low self-esteem that I have to go around talking about it."

"What? Hahaha!"

Princess Catherine laughed out loud.

Beside her, Lizé looked around with an awkward smile on her face, and Leila was shaking with rage. What a perfect cacophonous trio.

"I've been thinking about you since last time, Edith, and I really like you. A man, a woman, should have the guts and the spirit you have."

Princess Catherine continued to giggle, and then suddenly her eyes widened. "Ah! Is that why Killian fell in love with you?"

Well, you'll have to ask him that when you meet him, but for now, I'd like you to stop using the word 'love'.

"Regardless of whether Sir Killian has fallen for her or not, surely we should draw the line now that we're fighting the Riegelhoffs."

As Layla, who had tried to attack me, was ready to retreat, Damien showed up and said so.

"Lord Sinclair, you know, there's been a lot of intermarriage between noble families throughout history, and when a family fights, the woman always belongs to her husband's side. So by that definition, Edith is already a Ludwig."

I've never been so happy to see how the old-fashioned family ties work.

But Damian didn't give up.

"Arranged marriages are made when there's something to be gained from both parties. But what more do the Ludwigs, and we, the Emeperor's faction, have to gain from House Riegelhoff? It's something we need to get rid of before it becomes more complicated."