45

"Hyugi Hayes"

'Roses died and rainbows disappeared. Life was colourful, now life is some shades of black.'

School is noisy these days. But one seat is empty from days now.

Why was I so irritated. It was my decsion not to see her again. But my gut kept telling me it wasn't her fault.

"Have you heard? Yin Nabi dropped out from school?" 

"Someone said she is a seducing slut and is really good in bed. Then lets try asking her out." He laughed.

I was shocked on what my ears heard...

I may hate her, but she is my best friend and no one can dare to call her a slut.

My head started spinning in circles. Because I was too angry, I left my seat and grabbed him by his collar. 

Where did you heard this from? 

Easy dude! What's wrong with you?

"I asked where the hell did you heard this from!"

"Dylan."

I was telling myself I don't care. But how could I just walk away, when she was the only friend I had. Why was I getting so worked up? My head would only think about her and my heart was continuously looking for reasons to forgive her. And I kept telling myself that I shouldn't go easy on my enemies because then they will think I'm weak.

 "Heart always wins over head" 

I left my food and went straight to Dylan who was sitting in a gathering.

"Come I need to talk to you."

Say here what you want to say. He smirked.

'What the hell are you spreading around?' I was mad.

Wasn't she your girlfriend?

Its true we had a lot of fun. He laughed along with his gang.

"Shut your bloody mouth or I'll break your jaw." I was burning like I have been set on fire.

Ooh did I touched a weak nerve? He laughed loudly.

I clenched my fist and hit him straight in his face.

Ha- go on hit me, I don't care. Dylan smirked.

His attitude was getting on my nerves.

"I know she isn't like any other girl. So shut the hell up." You are just a wasted person. Begging for attention."

What did you just said? Dylan stood up.

"Are you deaf?" I said.

He punched me on my face.

We started fighting and ended up getting wounded.

The teachers came in because it wasn't a normal fight. We brutally landed fists on each other. 

"Three hours detention starting from now." 

We sat in a room for about three hours. 

Truth is I-I raped her. Dylan said with his head bowed down.

"What!" My eyes widened with his sudden confession.

You did what? I asked as I couldn't believe my ears.

"I raped Nabi."

You did that to the girl who liked you and cared for you? You are a beast. I grabbed him by his collar.

She didn't like me anyway. He looked at me.

"I wasn't in my right sense, I was drunk. I lost my mind after what I heard."

I punched him as hard as I could.

You disgust me get lost! I pushed him.

last time she came to see me and I brushed her off rudely. Why did I do that? She needed me the most. How could I do this to her. She was right by my side when I needed someone. She comforted me, when I had no one to lean on. She fixed the broken pieces in me. Helped me when I was lost. Stood for me when I was alone. 

I walked towards her home but my chest was aching too much, it wasn't the first time but I kept having shortness of breath. After the Kidney donation. This time it was getting swear. 

I ignored it and walked on my way to her home when suddenly it was all dark.

I woke up and I found myself lying on a stretcher. I looked around. "Where am I?"

The doctor came in with the reports in his hand.

"Why am I here?" I tried to get up from my bed. 

You are in the hospital. You fainted on the streets and a girl brought you here.

"Who was she?"

"A girl with a butterfly pendant." The doctor said.

"It was her, It must be her."

But- Can I talk to your parents? The doctor asked.

Its okay you can tell me.

You have a hole in your heart. And its severe, there is a blockage in you heart, from where blood isn't passing. The doctor said while looking on the reports.

What do you mean? I will die?

No! unless we do a surgery.

I can't afford a surgery. I can hardly pay the hospital dues.

It's okay I will be fine. I stood up, wearing my shirt.

It will be really painful and you will also face shortness of breath. The doctor said.

'Its okay.' I looked at him.

 I rushed out looking for Nabi.

No room, no place was left, where I didn't searched for her. "Where are you Yin Nabi. Why are you running away from me? If you dropped me here you should've said hi. Was it that hard?"

I had this uncomfortable feeling inside my heart. I stepped out of the hospital. I started walking faster to Nabi's house I eventually started running towards her mansion. 

I banged the door. And an Ahjumma (Maid) came out of the house.

"Can I see Nabi? Please! I'm her friend."

Nabi just left for the airport.

"What she is leaving?" 

I rushed to get the cab. It was hard to get the cab. Since it was such a busy city. Inside the cab I kept tapping my feet. Every second counted for me. Just let me see her. Please God!

The car stopped, I looked out of the car and there was a huge line of cars standing in a jam packed traffic.

Shit!

Ahjussi can I pay you here? I can't wait any longer, I will go by foot.

I paid the cab and ran as fast as I could, since the airport was near. 

Just don't go Yin Nabi! I have alot of things I want to tell you. I am sorry for blaming you for something you didn't do. I was mad and childish, I want to tell you, that you aren't a slut. You are not alone you have me. Don't give up on your dream. Just because someone has broken your soul. I promise I won't let go of you. Just don't leave me here alone..

I entered the airport and ran as hard as I could even though I was short of breath, my heart was throbbing with sweet pain. I tripped and fell down hard. I told myself to stand up, this isn't the time to worry about wounds. My knees were scratched and they were bleeding. 

I looked around for Nabi. I sat down to tie my shoelace and I felt Nabi passed cross me.

I looked round and round when I realized she was gone, gone along with the feelings I hid for her.

Shattered into million piecesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें