52

"Hyugi Hayes"

I finished dishes after three hours of continuous washing. I felt my arms were falling apart.

I was walking home when my phone buzzed and there was an email. I ignored it and walked back home. When I was thinking to clear out my heart for Nabi.

I was so tired that I fell on the bed like a zombie and went into deep sleep.

I had a dream, in which Nabi and I were holding hands, walking on a beautiful path surrounded by roses. It was probably the best dream I had. I felt the touch of her warm hands and soft pink lips on my cheeks. It bloomed my heart.

I woke up and I was happy. It was morning the dawn was breaking in. Everything looked like a beautiful panting. The chirping of the birds. The sleepy sun rising from the bed of the wild nature. And the dew drops hugging the grass.

My stomach was like a cave that had a bear making huge noises in it. I made myself some breakfast.  And after getting ready I walked out of my apartment. I was happy
Wanna know why? It was my birthday. 1st January.

Everyone wished me as I passed the street. I saw my kids who were old and fat. And too lazy to walk. Even now I was still looking after them.

Slowly slowly you gummies. I remembered the days when I was always found in an awkward situation with Nabi. Its sad she is not mine, but happy she is back so that I can see her. All I wish is for us to go back being friends.

"I was wondering who turned them into pigs. They are so chubby. But cute"

I turned around and I saw Nabi. I stood quite for a second. I had no idea what to say.

"Hmm! So you are still gonna ignore me?"

"You know you have changed, changed to the point I doubt if its you. I always think should I fight this Nabi to bring back my old bestie? Because the old bestie was the girl who always spoke her heart out."

I'm mad yeah I'm more pissed, because you left me. Left everything. Yeah I pushed you not because I hated you, but because I was mad and confused.

Why Nabi? Why didn't you came to me after I brushed you off? The Nabi I knew would still come back to me. You know how mad I was when I heard the disgusting stories people made after you? You gave them a reason to speak bullshit behind your back.

I was shocked when Dylan confessed what he did to you. I ran to your house but I fainted. You left me in the hospital and ran away. "Why Nabi?"

Unless you won't answer me. I won't talk to you. "Cause you are a stranger to me."

"Fine! You wanna know? Come to my outlet."

I followed her.

"I left because you were the last person on earth I didn't want to think that I'm a slut. I was having nightmares, I was scared to face people. The next morning after I got raped. I came to your house even before the sun came up. I stood there thinking you already hate me. But I still gave myself false hopes.

You came out and you saw me but you told me to leave. I had so many hopes but they all were just in my imagination.

I tried living my normal life pretending it never happened but it wasn't that simple.

Its true I dropped you at the hospital. I ran away because I found t-that I-I was p-pregnant.

"W-What?" Hyugi looked at me shocked.

Everything was ruining me. I realized living a normal life isn't possible for me. I left everything.

"I'm sorry Hyugi" she covered her face and tears started rolling down her face.

I left my place and started walking towards Nabi. I opened my arms and wrapped around her waist.

Nabi-yah I-I'm really sorry. It wasn't your fault. I had no idea you were suffering this much. B-but where is your baby?

"I-I lost it. My dad paid the doctors to abort my baby.  She grabbed my shirt and flinched it harder. As she cried on my chest."

"Hey look at me." I cupped her face and wiped her tears with my thumbs."

I'm with you, today, tomorrow and everytime you need me.

We stood there embracing each other. I felt her heart beating and I know she felt mine too. I felt like I finally quenched my thirst.

"Hyugi!... You remember our rule of telling a story?"

You want to hear mine?

"Two years ago some loan sharks chased me to pay them. Practically they wanted me to sold another organ to pay them. But I was not in my right form to do that. I had a hole inside my heart and I was broke to get a surgery so I always ignored that because I have a mother in a hospital. It was either her or me. So I did what was right. I was walking in the middle of the street lost thinking how to pay them. When a car in high speed hit me. And I found it later it was Dylan who ran over his car to me. Its ironic, he wanted to kill me but in the end he donated his heart to me. I didn't get the chance to pay him back.

We parted our hug after opening our heart.

"So how you and Eunwoo met?"