༒𝑊ℎ𝑦! 𝐼 𝑁𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑇𝑜 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤!༒

➪ 𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙

➪ 𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑓𝑜𝑟
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙. 𝐼𝑓
𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒... 𝐼𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢
- 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝐶𝑢𝑏𝑎𝑛
----------------------------------------

22 Years BC (Before Curse)

—Y/n's POV—

It's my 14th birthday today. Father said he wanted to see me, hopefully, I wasn't in trouble, I did nick a few coins from Darwin early last week.

I slid on my boots before walking out of my room, below deck.

I skipped up the steps as I went to see my father, he was hoisting the sail up whilst taking a sip of rum, something I had just acquired the taste for,

"Sailor, there you are." Father walked over to me, he looked quite happy actually. As he approached me, he put a hand on my shoulder and led me back below deck.

"What is it, father? Is everything alright?" I questioned.

"Everything's fine, Sailor. But..." oh no. "I recall today is your birthday? Am I right," I smiled. Classic dad. Pretending to be scary, but being a big softy.

"Yes," I beamed.

"I..." he dug through his black, leather coat pocket. "Have a gift for you," he pulled out a small black box and handed it over to me, I had a small smile as I opened the box. Inside, lay a gold, sunflower necklace. It was beautiful.

"It's... it's beautiful. Where did you get it?"

"Last time we were in the Enchanted Forest," he told me, "here, let me put it on." I turned around, letting him tie the necklace over my h/l, h/c hair. As I heard him finish, I untucked my hair from the necklace, I then looked down at the gold necklace, it lay just above the second button on my white blouse. "Now," father stood in front of me, crouching to my eye level. "The sunflower," he pointed to the necklace. "Symbolizes something I know you have the most of."

"What is that father?"

"Strength."

———

I walked into the teacher's bathroom in the school, I needed to wash my hands. Today, the kids were painting, let's just say, it got a little messy.

"C'mon, Peter! Hurry up!"

"I'm coming, love, patient!"

His hands were around my waist as we swayed to the music coming from an unknown source. Peter stared lovingly into my eyes,

"What?"

"You're beautiful,"

I yelped. I huffed and lowered my back down, splashing my face with the cold water multiple times. But as I looked up, I saw him. Peter Pan was standing there. But he wasn't fully present. He was flickering, like lights in a horror movie.

"Ahh!" I brought my hands to my mouth, suddenly his hands were around my waist, his lips kissing my neck. I screamed again, and then... he was gone, it was as if nothing had happened.

I have to go back to Gold. He's the only one who'll know what to do.

20 Years BC (Before Curse)

—3rd Person POV—

Y/n Jones was 16 years of age now. And currently, she stands upon the front of the ship, clutching onto a rope, leaning over the edge, looking across the realm they have visited many times before The Enchanted Forest.

"Father!" Y/n called.

"Aye, Sailor?" The Captain yelled from the wheel.

"I'm going out!" She told, walking towards the docks.

"Be back before sunset!"

"Aye, aye, Captain!" Y/n smiled at her dad.

———

Y/n walked around the village streets, examining small stands and houses. She ended up stealing a few plums and apples. Plums were a favourite of hers.

Just as she was placing the purple fruit in her satchel, a high voice spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, dearie," Y/n recognized this voice all too well. The voice belonged to a man- a beast that Y/n hated more than anything else in the world. Rumplestiltskin.

"It's a good thing you're not me then," Y/n spoke, not facing the Dark One.

"No need to be feisty... I've come to offer a deal." As Rumplestiltskin teleported himself in front of the girl, people cowered and flinched. They were scared of this man, and Y/n Jones would be lying if she said she wasn't frightened as well. After all, she was just a girl. Just a pirate. But even so, the h/c haired girl wouldn't say fear is the dominating emotion towards this figure, it was anger,

"Do you think I'm stupid?!" Y/n scoffed. "I'm not making a deal with the devil!"

"Well that's not very nice, you haven't even heard what I've had to say!" He grinned, showing his yellow, moody teeth.

"I don't need to hear a word from you." Y/n seethed. She glared at the beast one last time before walking off.

"I'll find your father... if you give me your power."

———

"Why am I seeing things?" I demanded. It was late at night and Gold was closing up his Pawn Shop. However, he didn't turn around from the door. He just stayed facing it, removing the key from the keyhole.

"I already gave you the necklace without a favour, Y/n. Don't push it," he said.

"Tell me!" I shouted. I sounded insane, I sounded desperate but I didn't care. I needed to know, I had to. "I'll kill you if you don't! When the curse is broken!"

"Is that a threat?" Gold scoffed, facing me. "I'd like to see you try," he seethed. "Because as far as I'm aware, you've never killed a soul. Even if you had my dagger, you wouldn't dare. Your magic is gone, remember?" I stayed silent, he was correct. I had never killed anyone.

Gold started walking off. But I wasn't going to let him leave that easily. So I made the decision I knew I would regret.

"I'll help you find Baelfire." I looked down, my voice cracking.

"And why would you do that?"

"Because I need to know why I'm seeing these things." I felt a single tear leave my eye. I looked up to see Gold pondering the thought,

"Have you ever thought that the reason why you aren't remembering is that you don't want to?"

"And why would I not want to?" This was such a waste of time.

"That would cost another favour, dearie, and I don't think you'd be too interested in that." Gold smirked. The old man was right, I didn't want another deal made with him. I couldn't afford to.

~~~~~~

August 2, 2021