༒𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛༒

𝐼'𝑚 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 ———————————————————

———————————————————

—3rd Person POV—

"Are you alright?" Peter asked Y/n as she sat on the bed panting lightly.

"Yeah," she sighed, cradling her head on her hands then taking a breath and staring ahead. "Just a little tired." She turned to Peter. "Long walk," she let out a final breath and sat closer to Peter, looking at him concerned. "Are you going to tell me who's voice you've been hearing?" She asked him, scared of the answer. It had gotten dark and the fire's light came in useful. Peter let out a large breath, finally giving in to the girl beside him.

"Rumple's." He answered simply. "—or, something that looks like him." Peter shook his head and closed his eyes in fear. Were the voices speaking to him now? "When I held Merida's heart in my hand," Peter's eyes finally opened. "It was him," he cried lightly, however more tears threatened to fall, "it was him telling me to crush it. He's always here, Y/n, he's always here," he couldn't help putting his arms around her, trying to look for some sort of comfort. "I couldn't stop myself," he sniffled into her shoulder. "I didn't want to stop myself," Peter looked behind Y/n. Rumplestiltskin was back. He had appeared once again, he merely smirked and waved his crocodile hand.

Y/n remained oblivious to the fact that Rumple was watching, but only for a little while. She felt Peter's head lift from her shoulder and his green eyes gaze past hers. She cupped his face in her hands and made him look at her. "My dad and I spent many years fighting demons," Peter winced, but he knew it had to be said. "Beasts, dragons. Sailing from place to place, stealing what we could." She explained, a tear falling from her eye. She hated seeing Peter upset, it only dampened her mood.  "And in all the years of battling, never once have I come across a villain that's like the boy sitting in front of me." Peter's lips formed a tiny grin. "You, though you have darkness, are good. And you have worked so hard to prove that. So, that voice in your head, it's not you. It can't be. I believe in you Peter. Now you need to believe in yourself."

"You've always believed in me...Why?"

Y/n smiled and placed a kiss on his temple before meeting his eyes once again. "Because Peter Pan was never a demon to me,"

"I manipulated you...I used you-"

"And I forgave you." She stopped him. "Sometimes it takes two broken people to fix each other." Peter chuckled for the first time in a while.

"I'm going to have to write that one down," Y/n laughed at Peter's humour. She smiled before turning to the wall and creating two dancing silhouettes—shadows—on the cave wall. They spun each other round and round, dipping and swaying. Y/n's e/c eyed gaze drifted to Peter's face. There, a smile was visible.