༒𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑀𝑦 𝐺𝑎𝑖𝑛༒

𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛

𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛...𝑠𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔...𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡
𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡
—————————————————

—Peter's POV—

Night time had finally come, and the group gathered by the beheaded Clocktower, waiting for Henry and Regina.

"Tell me your father's okay," Mary Margaret said as the two approached with a smile.

"He's better than okay." Regina answered, followed by Henry.

"He's in a better place now,"

"Wait, that means everyone here..." Mary Margaret trailed.

"Can be saved," her husband finished. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked over to Rumple.

"Every soul in this town has unfinished business." Regina said. "And chances are for a lot of them, we're that business."

"You've all deluded yourselves if you think these people are worth your time." Rumple spoke from afar. "They're not the dearly departed. They are dead, wretched souls. And I want no part of it."

"What you want doesn't matter," Emma said, her voice growing quiet as her and I faced my son. "I wasn't bluffing. I'm happy to tell Belle about your return to the Dark One-ness."

"So you made that threat too, huh?" I chuckled.

"Our agreement was to find your partners and get the hell out of here," he deadpanned. "If you want to distract yourselves with this other asinine pursuit, be my guest. I'm out."

"So?" Henry spoke confidently after a long silence. "Who's ready for Operation Firebird?"

"I'd that what we're calling it?" Regina chuckled.

"Are you referring to the mythological bird?" I asked.

"Or the muscle car?" Emma continued. As the group walked off, I could hear the Clocktower tick once again.

—Y/n's POV—

"Y/n?" I heard my name. Who was calling me? "Y/n!" I jolted awake. My father crouched over me. I felt an ungodly pain in my eye and my side. I winced. My father was covered in what I could only assume to be his own blood. I presume I looked the same. I groaned as my father helped me off the cold cement floor. "Is this a bloody trick?" He called out. As we started to walk, a surprising voice stopped us.