༒𝐶𝑙𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑚༒

➪𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑢𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠------------------------------------

𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜
𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑢𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠
------------------------------------

--Y/n's POV--

"Okay... How about this one?" I held up a pink hoodie in front of Ares, so far he's picked out a pair of jeans and a Blood Orange T-shirt.

"It's alright, I guess." He shrugged but gave a disgusted look.

"That's a 'no'" I said put the hoodie back on the rack.

"I'm good with just this, Y/n. I don't want you to spend all of your money. You need it." Ares told me.

"Ares, don't worry about me." I grabbed his arm reassuringly. "If I didn't want to help you I wouldn't have asked."

"Are- are you sure?"

"Positive." I looked between his scared and normal eyes, finding a bit of agreeance in them.

"Okay then," He grinned, "I might take the hoodie." I took the hoodie back off the rack and handed it to Ares.

Our hands lightly brushed each other. His hand was a rough feeling. He hadn't had the best life, if he had, his hands would be soft.

"Sorry," He apologized while still keeping our hands close and staring into my e/c orbs.

"Don't worry about it," Our little moment was disrupted by thunder outside. I looked out the glass windows to see the sky was a deep grey. More thunderstruck as I saw rain falling down, coming heavier and heavier as moments went on. "We'll have to stay in here until the storm passes." I turned to look at Ares.

"Okay," He said.

"Hey, it'll be fun. I think I saw some cool stuff we could try out."

------

I spun around while putting my hands on the humungous sunglasses I found. For the first time, I heard Ares laugh. He had the sort of laugh where his whole body shook, but it still wasn't quite a belly laugh. I had also put on a pink boa scarf to add to the look.

I threw the scarf over my neck and spoke in a fancy accent.

"Good day to you sir," I said, walking to Ares.

"How do you do, Madam?" He mimicked, bowing down to me.

"Here, I found this for you," I turned back to my normal voice while pulling out a large, green, polka dot bowtie from behind my back. I placed it over Ares' curly locks and positioned it a bit to the side. Ares reached to the shelf next to us and grabbed a large top hat, placing it on his head.

I laughed even harder at Ares' new look.

"It suits you," I joked.

"Why, thank you." He smiled at me.

Ares and I continued laughing and smiling around the clothing store, we hardly noticed the weather get nicer.

We were just two teenagers having fun, running around the shops without a care in the world. And for a moment, I forgot all about the curse, I forgot about Peter and my dad, I forgot that the Evil Queen was manipulating us. I just thought about myself. And it was a really nice thought.

------

Ares and I left the shop with two shopping bags. Ares ended up getting 2 pairs of jeans, 3 hoodies, a jacket, 4 t-shirts and a pair of shoes.

We were still a laughing mess from the fun we had inside. As I held the door open for Ares, I saw Henry run up to me.

"Y/n, I have... I have... Who's this?" Henry asked, panting. He looked like he just ran a marathon. Given, it was quite humid out due to the recent rain.

"Henry, this is Ares." Ares smiled and said a quick 'Hi.'

"Oh, hi!" Henry smiled.

"Henry I'll, uh, come by your house later, okay?" I said. I wanted to continue hanging out with Ares, I had gotten more comfortable with him, and it seems my thoughts were mirrored.

"No, it's fine. I gotta go anyway... curfew and all that." Ares suggested.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He repeated one of the lines I had said in the store. Charming.

"See ya, buddy." Ares gave Henry one of those bro-goodbyes before waving to me. "Thanks for the clothes, Y/n, I owe you."

"Bye Ares." I waved watching him walk away towards the orphanage.

"Who's he?" Henry immediately asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, looking down at the boy.

"From the book?" Right. I had completely forgotten about the book. Hanging out with Ares was relieving, in a way. I didn't have to worry about who I was in the past. It was me. And I really liked that.

"I, uh, I don't know yet," I mumbled. "What did you need?" I asked, there had to be a reason that Henry interrupted my time with Ares. Not that I cared. I don't think...

"There's a new guy in town,"

"What- what do you mean? No one ever comes to Storybrooke?"

"I know. That's the problem."

"Do you know who he is?"

"His name is August, I just don't know who he really is."

"We'll figure it out. We always do."

~~~~~~

August 20, 2021

Does anyone else listen to Blood Orange?