༒𝐿𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘༒

➪𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦----------------------------------

𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦
----------------------------------

—Y/n's POV—

I heard the sound of knocking on my front door. I was currently enjoying a book on my sofa. I closed the book and folded the blanket neatly on my couch before walking to the door which had made the same knocking sound once again.

I opened the white door to be greeted by my father. (The Captain)

"I'm no mathematician but I do remember you only having one hand." I said as I let him in. My dad let out a slight chuckle.

"My hand is beside the point," he said, looking at me as I leaned on the door. "I need your help."

"Oh?" I asked in curiosity. My help? When was the last time he needed that?

"Emma and I have a... date tonight." He looked down curtly. As if he was a little boy asking a girl to a dance.

"Really?" I smiled. "That's amazing."

"You think?"

"I know. You're moving on and... I'm proud of you."

———

I led my father to a clothing shop in town. He is definitely going to need something different to wear than his long, leather coat. But, unintentionally, I led him to the store I first brought Ares to. Where he had picked out a Blood Orange T-Shirt and a hoodie that I bought for him, though he had asked many times if it was alright.

"Where did you just go?" My father smirked as he snapped in front of my eyes, noticing me blanking out.

"Uhm, no where." I pushed the thought of my deceased ex aside as my dad followed me inside. The place hadn't changed. The mens hoodies still were hanging up in the middle, the t-shirts were folded neatly underneath a white manikin, the jeans, leggings and sweatpants still were close to the front desk. Nothing in this place had changed except for the fact that the pink hoody and Blood Orange t-shirt were not here anymore.

"What type of date is it?" I asked, the question would dictate what kind of outfit we were going for. I walked to the back where a bar of hanging leather jackets lay.

"It's a- a normal date."

"That's not much help." I muttered, going through the jackets.