༒𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝐷𝑜 𝐼𝑡 𝐴𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛༒

➪𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑢𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡————————————————————

𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑢𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡
————————————————————

—Y/n's POV—

At Arthur's final command, Merlin appeared in front of us all.

"Ah, Merlin," Arthur spoke, pointing Excalibur at the wizard. "How kind of you to come when called. For your first task, please use your magic to keep these fine people from attacking me in any way," I felt my sword drop, I tried to reach for it, but I was unable. My body was frozen.

"Wow," Zelena giggled at our powerless state. I looked over at Regina to see a cuff on her wrist, but one was not present on mine.

"It is done, Arthur." Merlin replied. "You can put that down. We don't have to do this." Merlin tried to reason with Arthur as the king walked closer to his ward. "Emma and Peter have passed their test." Oh, thank God.

"Oh, Peter and Emma passed a test?" He chuckled mockingly. "How nice for them."

"I have what we need to untie Excalibur and fulfill your legacy." Merlin said. "Give me the sword."

"You mean, give you the glory...no."

"Glory?" Merlin scoffed. "You seek glory, is that really what you've become? I am so sorry I wasn't there to guide you Arthur. This isn't the man you were supposed to be."

"Oh, I am exactly what you made me." Arthur said through his teeth. "Look at the half-man with his half-sword, solving riddles from a tree. I bet you laughed."

"I was trapped." Merlin replied. "And I put my faith in you. You were meant to be like a son to me."

"Shut your mouth." Arthur commanded, Merlin stayed quiet. "I was never a son to you. You lied. You told me legend would speak of the great King Arthur using Excalibur to strike darkness from the realm. Tell me how this was not a lie!"

"Because you will do that," he replied calmly. "You're a part of doing it right now."

"A part of it?" He scoffed.

"We have what we need. The future is in your hands, Arthur." He explained. "Give me the sword. We can repair everything."

"No. Not everything." Arthur said. "This is my charge and my right. I will be known for more than defeating a stone."

"Arthur you cannot-"

"Be quiet. We have intruders. Make them leave."