༒𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑛༒

➪𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

--Y/n's POV--

About two weeks later, I got a call from the Sheriff's office. Why was Emma calling?

"Hello?" I raised my cell phone to my ear, placing the plum I had grabbed back in the fruit bowl.

"Y/n, I have someone here in the office, you were the phone number in his wallet." It wasn't Emma's voice, I could tell you that. It was colder, more firm. Regina Mills.

"He?" I asked.

"Says his name is Ares Raymon." shoot. How did Ares get arrested?

"I'll be right there." I didn't get it. Ares and I had been hanging out the whole week. He had been nothing but kind: Holding the door open for me, giving me his jacket if I got cold, laughing at my jokes even if they weren't funny, he even bought me ice cream once. When I had gotten ice cream on my nose he wiped it off using his pink hoodie sleeve. He's been nothing but a gentleman to me.

------

I walked into the Sheriff's office to see Regina glaring at Ares while leaning back on the desk and Ares leaning on the bars, his head in between them.

"Just admit it!" Regina snapped.

"I didn't! I swear to you!" Ares yelled back, his eyes looked scared... and innocent. Even the one with the scar over it pleaded help. "Y/n!" Ares called when he noticed my presence "Tell her I didn't do it!"

"What didn't you do?" I asked confused. My eyes widened. I was very confused at the fact.

"He stole a very valuable item from my personal office," Regina explained, the coldness in her voice not going astray.

"That's not true madam Mayor, I watched him leave towards the orphanage." I defended.

"Did you see him go in?" She crossed her arms over her chest. Ares sent me a pleading look. But when I thought about it, I didn't see Ares go in. He just stood on the doorstep as I walked away.

"No, I didn't." I looked down, ashamed for betraying my friend.

"Then that settles it. He did steal it!" Regina said.

"With all due respect, we don't have definitive evidence Madam Mayor." Regina sent me a hard glare. "Can you just give me five minutes with him, please?" I asked. Regina looked down at her gold watch.

"Five minutes. That's it." Regina grabbed her handbag and exited the office.

"Was it you?" I got straight to the point.

"What? Y/n! No, how could you think that!" He yelled.

"Okay, okay, I believe you. I had to ask." I walked towards the bars.