Five

Weiss' eyes darted between the two adults in front of her. What were they confused about? They were the ones who brought out such a fake looking map after all. Heh, the names of some of these countries were pretty funny. The United States of America? Who's America? Why did so many countries have 'Republic' in their name? Weiss shrugged internally, none of that really mattered. She just needed to get out of here and find the rest of her team. 

"I assure you that this map is real. In fact, it's last year's edition so it should be up to date." Detective Tsukauchi said with a frown. Weiss' lips turned into a thin line as she glared back at him. Yang must've paid them quite a bit of money if this was a prank. "Are you sure you don't recognize any of these countries?" He pointed at one of the continents that the map called 'Europe', it's wording written in neat Valish. 

Weiss humored the man and gave the fake map a glance. Nope, nothing on there seemed familiar. Why did that one country look like a boot? Yup, definitely a prank. 

"I'm positive." 

Detective Tsukauchi shared another look with Mt. Lady. Were they disappointed that their prank failed? Well they should be, it was the worst prank Yang had ever tried pulling on Weiss. 

"I see. What was the last thing you remembered?" Detective Tsukauchi placed the notebook back in his pocket. Mt. Lady tried fishing it out, but a light slap to her hand stopped her. "Any event would work." 

Weiss bit the inside of her cheek. If they were actors, they should seriously consider going to those award shows Whitley liked watching, but why hadn't she spotted any cracks? Weiss was proud of her ability to read people, it allowed her to know who wanted to be her friend just to advance their own social status, and what boys tried winning her heart just because she was pretty. 

Was it obvious that Weiss didn't have any friends before going to Beacon? 

"Me and my friends were ambushed by bandits." Weiss said. They didn't need to know all of the details like Professor Lionheart's betrayal and Weiss fighting that rogue Spring maiden. "I remember something piercing my side here." Weiss glanced toward her bandaged side. Thankfully her aura was dulling most of the pain. She should be fine in a few hours. "Everything afterwards is just a blur." 

Mt. Lady's eyes started tearing up. "You poor poor child." She looked like she wanted to give Weiss another hug, but a sharp glare quickly shut that idea down. Weiss didn't like it when strangers touched her. 

"Do you remember anything defining about them?" Detective Tsukauchi asked, his eyes softening a little. Weiss softened her glare, and took a deep breath. She couldn't lie, not with this man's semblance in effect. 

"I remember their leader wielding a sword." Yang's Mom did wield some mechashift weapon, being able to switch blades in its sheath if Weiss' guess was correct. She was strong, being more than a match for Qrow, Yang and Ruby's usually drunk uncle. Detective Tsukauchi remained silent for a few seconds, the light from the fading sun slowly turning orange. 

"Please excuse me for a few minutes." He quickly left the room, leaving Weiss alone with the strange huntress. 

"I like your hair." Mt. Lady said casually, leaning forward in her seat, her purple eyes scanning Weiss' form. She ran her hands through her long, blonde hair. "You must take great care of it." 

Weiss nodded, her pride already starting to rise. Perhaps she overreacted earlier when she was ready to spill the huntress' guts. These people had been nothing but kind to Weiss. Unless they were hiding the fact that they knew she was a Schnee. Still, it wouldn't hurt to be polite in return. Weiss' hair was down, and in need of her daily brush, so she was obviously lying. 

"Thank you." Weiss gave Mt. Lady's outfit a quick glance. The fabric looked like it could easily tear. Not really useful when it came to fighting Grimm, but Weiss didn't have any right to complain about Mt. Lady's wardrobe. Her own literally consisted of various dresses and combat skirts. "I like your horns." 

Mt. Lady gave her a large grin. "Thank you! I designed them myself. It should help me stand out, you know?" She ran a finger along the outline of her purple mask, which connected to the horns. "Plus it keeps my hair out of my face." 

"That seems useful." 

"It is." 

Any further conversation was interrupted by the return of Detective Tsukauchi, who held a long box in his hands. Closing the door behind him, he placed the box on Weiss' bed, near her feet. Opening the box slowly, the top folded upwards, blocking Weiss' view. Noticing his mistake, the Detective changed the direction the box faced. 

Weiss' eyes widened in shock, with a large grin taking over her face. Myrtenaster! Along with the rest of her belongings! Her scroll, her purse that held extra vials of Dust, the tiara that held Weiss' hair in place when she tied her hair into a ponytail, and even dress she wore during the Battle of Haven, a large hole in the side she was struck. 

"Is this the blade that their leader used?" Detective Tsukauchi asked. 

Weiss shook her head. "No, that's my sword." Just like Ruby said, their weapons were an extension of themselves. Without Myrtenaster, Weiss felt naked and defenseless, like she was missing a part of her very soul. 

Mt. Lady's eyes seemed to grow. "That's your sword?! And you know how to use it?" 

"Of course I do. I designed her myself." Weiss smirked. Every groove, every Atlassian marking that was carved on Myrtenaster's blade was created to Weiss' specifications. Myrtenaster was the perfect weapon, especially when paired with the Schnee's glyphs. 

Both adults stared at Weiss in shock, with confusion slowly overtaking their features. 

"Mt. Lady, may I speak to you in private?" Detective Tsukauchi said slowly. Mt. Lady nodded slowly as she got up from her seat. The Detective turned his attention back to Weiss. "I'm not usually allowed to do this since your belongings are still considered evidence, but I'll leave them here in your keeping as a sign of good faith." 

Weiss nodded, trying and failing to keep her excitement off of her face. Detective Tsukauchi left right after, leaving Weiss alone with the comforting silence. Quickly grabbing her scroll, Weiss powered up the device after inserting her passcode. Thankfully it still had some power, and she never went anywhere without her charger. 

Scrolling through her contacts, Weiss pressed on the one that had a red rose as a contact photo. 

'Calling Doofus.' The scroll's screen rang for exactly one second, and the message that came afterwards caused her heart to sink. 

'Caller not in range.'

A/N

Hospital arc is almost over! Not bad for my second Non-Worm fanfic. 

Regarding why Weiss seems a bit meaner than she was during Volume 4-5, it was done on purpose. She doesn't trust people easily, and she was in the middle of a battle for life or death. 

Nice Weiss shall return, soon.