Twenty One

Detective Tsukauchi arrived not long after Weiss impromptu singing session. Thankfully, it seemed that Yu didn't hear thanks to Weiss' quick thinking with the pillows. That would have been a bit embarrassing. If Yu did hear her, she didn't mention anything about it. Now she was back in the living room seated beside Yu as Detective Tsukauchi stood in front of them. He wasn't wearing his trench coat and fedora that Weiss was used to seeing him, instead he wore a simple black suit and a white shirt.

"Here's your ID as well as any other paperwork that you may need." Detective Tsukauchi handed Weiss a small card and a yellow folder that seemed to be relatively full. She grabbed the both of them politely, her eyes scanning her new ID. A photo of herself scowling stared back at her.

"Thank you." And he made her official age fourteen. Now she was going to be stuck with children when she went to school.

"Don't mention it. Officially, you are a refugee from Germany who was given citizenship. With your status, you'll be able to attend any school here, even UA or Shiketsu if you want." Detective Tsukauchi said. He gave Yu a slight glare. "And I did it legally, without breaking any laws."

Yu flashed him a sheepish grin. "You know it wasn't all that legal." That earned her a sigh from both Weiss and Detective Tsukauchi.

"Actually, I made my decision. About what I plan to do with my future I mean." Weiss said softly. That earned her two pairs of confused eyes staring at her.

While she did plan on repaying Yu for everything, and she wasn't backing out on using her music to make money, it would be a waste if she didn't use the skills she gained as a huntress-in-training for the greater good.

Back in her world, Weiss decided to become a huntress in order to fix the mistakes Father had made, to bring honor back to the Schnee name. Here, she didn't have to do any of that, but could Weiss stand aside when there was so much injustice in the world? Could she do that when so many 'heroes' only became one for fame and money?

Could she face Winter knowing that she just stood there while others suffered? Could she face the remains of Team JNPR? Could she face her team?

"I want to go to UA." Six simple words, yet they held so much meaning. While this world wasn't on the brink of extinction, having to deal with the Grimm, the White Fang, and only Brothers know how many other threats were out there, Weiss would still do her best to protect her new home, and do her best to earn the title 'hero'.

Most of all, Weiss was sure that she would make her team proud.

"I'm so proud of you!" Yu exclaimed, pulling Weiss into a tight embrace. For the second time this month, Weiss found herself suffocating in her guardian's rather large chest. C-Can't breathe-

"Let go of me!' Weiss used her aura enhanced arms to remove the woman's arms, easily being able to do so, much to Yu's surprise. "You could have killed me!"

"Could have, but didn't." Yu pouted, crossing her arms and turning her head away. Weiss sighed, and pulled Yu back into a hug, which the blonde eagerly returned.

"Thank you for everything." Weiss murmured as Yu ran her hands through Weiss' white hair.

Detective Tsukauchi coughed into his fist awkwardly. The two released each other with reddening faces.

"Now with that done, I shall be taking my leave." Detective Tsukauchi turned to Weiss, his lips forming a small smile. "I'm sure that you'll be a great hero. If you ever need anything, you have my number."

"Thank you Detective." Weiss said, returning his smile.

He left soon after, leaving Weiss alone with Yu.

"Finally, some peace and quiet." Yu said, throwing her legs up on the couch, and onto Weiss' lap. "I was wondering if he was ever going to leave."

"Don't be rude. He was doing us a favor." Weiss said as she opened the yellow folder, examining the papers inside.

"True true. Anyways, don't worry about UA. I can help you out with the application first thing tomorrow morning." Yu's stomach started to growl. "But first, let's go out and have a nice meal for dinner. I'm sure you're getting tired of takeout."

Weiss frowned. She really didn't have a choice here did she? Well, at least she had a plan to repay Yu.

All she needed was a good song that'll make her money.

"Sure, but let's go to a music store afterwards." Weiss said. While the internet could say one thing about Japan's taste in music, seeing it in person could reveal much more than some articles online.

"You know how to play an instrument?" Yu's eyes widened as she sat up.

Weiss felt a smirk growing on her face, and there was little she could do to stop it.

"I would have you know that I know how to play several, including but not limited to the piano, violin, cello and guitar." Thank you nonexistent childhood social life. Father made Weiss learn multiple instruments in order to show off to his rivals at work. He supported her music career initially, back when Winter was the heir to the SDC. Said something about how it boosted their stock and made the Schnee family look superior.

"Can you play Let it go?" Yu asked, her voice excited.

"Play what?"

"Don't tell me you've never heard Let it go?! That movie with the Snow Queen? You even have white hair, pale skin and blue eyes. You're the Ice Queen!" Yu seemed offended. "We are definitely watching Frozen once movie night comes around."

Weiss felt her left eye twitch.

"I hate you...so much."

"Aww, I love you too, my little Tsundere."

A/N
Aaaah it's a happy chapter. Writing Yu and Weiss grow in their friendship makes my heart warm up. I feel the angst slowly fading away. It would be such a shame if it would come back.

I love writing this story. The chapters and ideas just flow out of my brain and onto the google doc. A co writer or editor would be nice, but I work too spontaneously for that to work out in the long wrong. Plus I get nervous when someone touches my stuff.

As of today, this is ranked as the Number 1 RWBY story on Wattpad! Let's see how long we can hold the spot. Thank you to all of my readers!
Question of the day:

Do you miss RWBY chibi?

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress, with best girl Weiss!