Eighty One

"IT'S TIME FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR BEAUTIFUL AUDIENCE! THE FIRST MATCH IS TETSUTETSU VS ASHIDO BOTH FROM THE HERO COURSE. THE RULES ARE SIMPLE, FORCE YOUR OPPONENT OUT OF BOUNDS OR IMMOBILIZE THEM." Present Mic's ever present narration was starting to grow to become an annoyance, in Weiss' opinion at least. The crowd seemed to like him, so what was her opinion worth in the end? Absolutely nothing.  "YOU ALSO WIN IF YOU FORCE YOUR OPPONENT TO SAY I GIVE UP!"

Weiss kept her back straight as she sat in the stands, their area set aside specifically for the students competing. She controlled her breathing as she spotted her friend's pink hair and skin. Mina grinned as she waved towards the crowd, as Tetsutetsu the iron guy marched towards the simple battleground that Cementoss created using his quirk.

"This match is going to be close." Weiss said under her breath, though Kyouka, who sat next to her, caught it. Yaoyorozu sat to the other side of Weiss, watching the upcoming match intently.

"What makes you say that?" Kyouka leaned back in her seat casually.

"Mina's acid might not be enough to get past his metal, and if he gets a good strike on her, she's out." Weiss shrugged. It was an honest assessment, especially since most of her classmates were focused on improving with their quirks, and not a particular fighting style at the moment. "She'll have to keep her distance while spraying him if she wants to win."

Kyouka nodded in agreement as she turned her attention back to their friend who was bouncing on the balls of her heels. "She'll be fine."

Weiss was not inclined to agree. Hundreds of hero agencies were watching, waiting to see who performed to the best in order to send them internship offers, and if they didn't do their best, then the less offers they would have. At least Weiss had Yu as a backup plan, but she didn't want to use her friend in such a manner. Even then, she still had her image as an idol that would surely gain her more than a few offers.

Her friends didn't have such luxuries.

"BRING ON THE INJURIES! RECOVERY GIRL IS ALREADY ANNOYED BY THE DODGEBALL MATCH SO WHAT'S A FEW MORE BRUISES AND MISSING TEETH." Present Mic spoke up again as his face appeared on the screen. "PUT ASIDE YOUR ETHICS AND MORALS FOR JUST A FEW MINUTES TO WATCH THESE FUTURE HEROES DUKE IT OUT. HOWEVER, ANYTHING LIFE THREATENING IS NOT ALLOWED."

Cementoss formed a seat made of, well, cement off to the side, but still close enough to affect the match if needed. Even Midnight was on guard, her quirk essentially perfect when it came to immobilizing hormonal students, and people in general.

"NOW LET'S BEGIN!"

--------

The fight between Mina and the boy from 1B went just as Weiss expected. Though, was it a bit mean that Weiss thought it was a rather boring fight, watching Mina run around the iron boy spraying him with her acid?

It ended in tragedy when Mina drew too close to Tetsutetsu near the edge of the court, and ended up with a haymaker to her face, knocking her out of the competition. Now that must've hurt, especially since she didn't have any aura.

"Don't say it." Kyouka spoke up as soon as Mina was off of the court.

Weiss parted her lips just slightly. "I told you so."

Yaoyorozu started giggling politely as she held a hand over her mouth. "I hope she's ok."

"She'll be fine." Weiss shrugged. She had faced worse at a younger age, and her friends would have to as well if they wanted to be heroes. Winter had left her with dozens of bruises, and her fencing instructor often left her hands bloodied.

What was a scratch when a Grimm could tear your arm off? That wasn't even mentioning how her ballet and ice skating instructor punished Weiss for her mistakes.

The way the teachers taught here was practically a vacation.

"TETSUTETSU WINS BY A KNOCKOUT! AS YOU CAN SEE LADIES, HE ISN'T AFRAID TO HIT A GIRL! NOW THAT'S TRUE GENDER EQUALITY." The screens showed a replay of Tetsutetsu punching Mina in slow motion.

The DJ really needed to install a filter, but the crowd ate him up anyways.

"It's time for that other guy from 1B now right?" Kyouka turned her head to the section where their sister class was sitting. Monoma walked past his classmates, each one of them giving him a high five, except for Shiozaki who was also competing.

"Monoma, and he's competent I suppose." Weiss looked away when the blond boy started shouting in her direction, asking for her blessing. He was more embarrassing than Mineta honestly. Now this match should be interesting, with Monoma's copy quirk and Todoroki's superior firepower.

"Does that mean you think he's cu-"

"Finish that sentence and I will end your boy toy."

"MY WHAT?!"

-------

Neito formed an easy grin walking onto the court. It was time to show those losers, aside from his glorious Goddess and Minoru who was a decent fellow, that the Ice Princess of Japan truly belonged in Class 1B. He would make her proud!

"ANOTHER CLASS RIVALRY MATCH WITH MONOMA NEITO VS TODOROKI SHOTO!"

Not even the son of Endeavor, the number two hero, could match the power of most of Class 1B combined. The Half-and-Half boy seemed rather angry, which Neito's grin grow even larger. Did he also know the futility of this fight?

"You're not worthy of being in the presence of the Great Schnee." Neito said loudly as the countdown started. What quirks should he use first? Fukidashi? Kaibara's?

Todoroki remained silent, and the countdown ended.

"FIGHT!"

In an instant, Todoroki took a step forward, and formed a pillar of ice heading straight towards Neito. Time to use Fukidashi's quirk then.

"Boom." The ice exploded as the large words slammed into the pillar, and the fight began earnestly. The stadium was filled with the sound of Neito's laughter as the ground started to freeze, inching towards him rapidly, but that only made his laughter sound even louder.

It was time to watch him ignite!

A/N
A short chapter, but the coming fights should make it worth it in the end. As a reminder, I'm not the best at writing fighting scenes, but I'll do my best to make them creative, and to make them flow well.

Fights that I'm not so sure of will be decided by a coin flip, unless I really need someone to make it to the next part for plot reasons.

Thank you for reading!

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!