Thirty Six

"So how do you think you did?" Mina said, laying on the couch in Yu's living room, her short pink hair still moist from the shower she just took. She was staying the night for a sleepover, or so she said. Her parents gave her permission after finding out that Yu was Mt. Lady, now a star hero with multiple sponsorships such as Lady Hair, the shampoo bottle modeled after the colors of Yu's hero costume. Kyouka would arrive later after grabbing her bag from her place. 

Weiss paused as she took a sip of her coffee seated on the recliner next to the couch, the dark bitter liquid flowing down her throat. How did she do? The written exams were more difficult than the practical exams, and that wasn't saying much. Those villain bots were rather disappointing, and judging by how the green haired boy easily disposed of the large Zero-Pointer, a single Atlesian paladin could easily take on all of the examinees and probably win, depending on the quirks that it may go up against. 

"I think I did decent." Weiss said, biting the inside of her cheek. UA had a low entrance rate, and it was one of the hardest schools to be accepted into, but Weiss couldn't exactly say that the tests were rather disappointing out loud could she? That would start to open up a can of worms that Weiss would prefer to keep concealed. The private tutors from Germany could only help so much. "How about you?" 

Mina glanced up from her phone with a large grin. "Thanks to my quirk, I made short work of those robots! They didn't stand a chance!" She posed dramatically which made Weiss smile. She acted so much like Nora. 

"And the written exam?" Weiss smirked. Half of their trio's study sessions were for Mina's benefit after all. The pinkette wasn't exactly the most academically inclined. 

Mina's head drooped, her grin instantly leaving her face, with her phone almost slipping out of her grip. "I uh…kinda took a small nap in the middle of it." She scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "But I managed to finish it before time ran out!" 

"You chose answer three for all of them, didn't you?" Weiss said dryly. 

"Yes and no! I did try on the stuff I did remember." Mina's grin returned as her eyes returned back to her phone, the one she used when managing Weiss' social media accounts. 

"Some manager you are." Weiss rolled her eyes, turning her gaze to the muted television in front of them. As she expected, paparazzi and blurry photos of her at UA were already starting to circulate. She didn't need to unmute it to know what they were saying. 

"You know ya wuv me Weissy, you big tsundere." Mina winked. She startex typing on the phone. "You should probably make an announcement later, about you applying to UA." 

"I still have no idea what that means." Weiss sighed. "And I'll release it when I know I'm in or out." She should probably release a new song alongside the announcement to appease her fans. The last thing she needed was them rioting about any potential 'retirements', which Weiss wasn't planning on doing. Being a hero was expensive, that much she could see from all the damages Yu caused and had to pay. 

Mina nodded, when she suddenly jumped up from her spot on the couch, startling Weiss who almost spilled her coffee. "OHMAGOSH! ICANTBELIEVEIT!" 

Weiss rubbed her forehead and gave the pinkette a soft glare. "What is it this time?" Her experience dealing with an overexcited Ruby always helped her when it came to understanding ramblers. 

"K/DA STARTED FOLLOWING YOU!" Mina shouted as her eyes darted between Weiss and the phone. They were the top singer-hero team, primarily based in Korea and America, thus marking them as potential rivals. 

"Oh, I thought it was something important. You scared me for no reason. " Weiss shrugged and went back to drinking her almost cold cup of coffee. 

Without another glance she formed a glyph that blocked a pillow Mina had thrown. She leaned her head to the right by a few degrees, barely dodging another smaller pillow. 

"Missed." 

--------------------

Kyouka arrived an hour later wearing the newest t-shirt with Weiss' face on it, the outline of her signature snowflake outline behind the fake smile she used during that photoshoot. The dark haired girl placed her backpack on Weiss' desk. 

"You had to wear that didn't you." Weiss glared at her Bassist, who shrugged with a smirk. 

"Don't worry, I brought enough for everyone." Kyouka dug through her backpack, throwing a shirt to Mina and Weiss, who both caught it. "I even brought Takeyama one. They just came from the factory. Apparently they wanted to know what you think of the sample." The Jirou's were kind enough to let Weiss use their main studios address for shipments, so no one could harass Yu or Weiss while she was at Mt. Agency.  

Weiss stared at the white shirt in her hands, her lifeless blue eyes staring straight back at her. Just the thought of having her face plastered on shirts disgusting her, but selling merchandise was an easy way to make money. 

"Mina." Weiss said simply, looking up. The pink girl had already slipped into the shirt, admiring herself in the mirror that Weiss had in her room. 

"Yes Weissy?" 

"Have them take my face off of this, please." Weiss' hands shook softly. "The snowflake should be enough." She didn't notice the look that Kyouka and Mina shared. 

"You got it." Mina gave her a hesitant thumbs up. 

"Thank you." Weiss sighed as she leaned back on her bed. 

"Weiss, can I ask you a question?" Kyouka said softly as she sat next to her. Mina also joined them, pulling the chair from the desk. Weiss sat up slowly. 

"You just did." That earned her a joking slap to the shoulder. "But yes, go ahead." 

Kyouka opened her mouth to speak, but seemed hesitant, until she finally said it when Mina kicked her leg softly. 

"Do you miss your home in Germany?" 

Did you miss Remnant? 

"Yes." Weiss instantly replied, her voice low. Her wounds weren't as fresh as they were a few months ago, but they were still there, scarring, covered in scabs. 

"I miss it very much." 

A/N

ANOTHER COMPLETED! Almost time to officially head to UA and it took what? About 36-38 chapters? We're gonna be here for the long run, and I hope you all enjoy the journey! 

On another note, have I told all of you that you're awesome? After publishing the last chapter, I woke up to find that Schnee: H or H was ranked the 2nd top fanfiction tagged story on Wattpad, out of a million stories! At this very moment its ranked 3rd! This wouldn't be possible without the support of you all!

Thank you for reading! 

Question of the day:

Every shonen anime has a rival character, who do you think shall be Weiss'? 

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!