One Hundred One

"Shit." Shinji cursed under his breath as he ran down the street, using his quirk to launch himself out of the crowd, swinging from building to building. He landed on the roof of one of his regular stops and pulled out his phone. Weiss wasn't answering his calls, going straight to voicemail. He looked away for one second, one single second and she decided to disappear! Shinji wasn't born yesterday, which was why he made sure to keep an eye on the short girl the first few times they went out on patrol. He called a different number this time.

"Hello?" Jirou answered. Hopefully Weiss told her friends about what she was planning. His original plan was to keep her distracted while the police taskforce went after the Hero Killer.

"Weiss is gone." Shinji said tensely. "Do you have any idea where she might have gone? Did she share any of her suspicions?"

"None." Jirou sounded bitter. "She acted like everything was fine, and what do you mean she's gone?!" Now her voice sounded worried.

He scanned the rooftops around him, hoping to see a glimpse of white. "I was teaching her how to deal with crowds when out on patrol, and when I looked away for a second she was gone."

Jirou was silent for half a minute before speaking again. "Where did you lose her, I'll go help-"

"Just stay home for now, I'll find her." Shinji didn't need another minor running around and potentially getting killed by Stain. "Let me know if she calls you-" Jirou ended the call without another word.

Shinji started running towards the edge of the rooftop.

"Takeyama's gonna kill me when she wakes up."

-------

The Hero Killer charged at her, jumping while holding his katana high in the air in order to bisect her, but Weiss dodged his swing by taking a few steps backwards, kicking his arm as she did so. She wasn't going to give him the honor of a fair fight, like a cat who toyed with a mouse.

"I shall cleanse this world of your filth." Stain growled as he charged again. He pulled a smaller knife out of one of his many pockets, and threw it. Weiss felt her cheeks heat up in anger, and deflected the blade with Myrtenaster, shattering the cheap metal.

"You should kill yourself while you're at it." Weiss said, her voice full of rage. Stain tried slashing at her repeatedly, only for Weiss to casually move out of the way. She was disappointed, and frustrated. The idol had expected more from the one everyone called 'The Hero Killer'.

Stain lunged forward, only for his katana to meet Myrtenaster's edge as Weiss swung as hard as possible. The Dust chamber rotated until it landed on fire, igniting Myrtenaster's blade the moment the two swords struck. Stain's katana snapped in half, causing Yu's would be murder's eyes to widen. He performed a fade, jumping backwards as he pulled several more knives out.

"I will not die here, only a true hero like All Might may slay me." Stain's eyes darted around the alleyway. Attempting to retreat already? How disgusting.

"I'm not a hero, never claimed to be one." Weiss said dryly as she took a step forward. Dozens of glyphs all around them, and she made the flames on Myrtenaster disappear. "You hunt down heroes who use their status to make money? You hurt Yu, just because of something as stupid as that?"

"True heroes cannot benefit from their status, they must save others no matter the cost, without asking for rewards, not looking to enrich themselves." Stain took a step forward as well. He turned his attention back to Weiss, most likely looking for a weak spot. "Anyone who profits because they claim to be a hero deserves death."

"In another universe I'd agree with most of your points." Myrtenaster's Dust chamber started to rotate again, landing on ice. "Except, money makes the world go round, nothing is ever free."

Schnee: Hero or Huntress (RWBY/MHA)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें