Ninety Eight

"So you called me over here for no reason?" Detective Tsukauchi sighed as he placed his ever present notebook into one of his trench coat's many pockets. 

"It's not my fault she disappeared as soon as I called you." Weiss said as politely as possible, but she was sure that it still came out sounding sarcastic. The Good Detective got there in record time, but the Gumiho Hero was already gone by the time he arrived, much to Weiss' annoyance. She basically pulled a Blake on her somehow. 

"Are you going to be pressing any charges?" Detective Tsukauchi's hands reached for his pockets. Why did he put his notebook in there if he was just going to grab it again?! 

"As much as I would love to, I have better things to do." Weiss crossed her arms. Blackmail for the future was always fun, especially since Mt. Agency's CCTV caught everything. Pressing charges now also sounded fun, but Weiss wasn't going to pass up having dirt on a rival idol. "I trust that this will stay off the records in case I would lime to press charges in the future." She gave him a sweet smile. 

Detective Tsukauchi stared at her impassively and shrugged. "I suppose. If that's everything you need, I'll be leaving now." He grabbed his hat from the dusty cubicle from Yu's office and started walking towards the exit. 

"There's another reason why I called you here." Weiss said, which made him pause. She was actually planning on calling him anyways, but the Idiot Hero: Ahri made her speed up her schedule. Killing two birds, or foxes in this case, was the logical thing to do, even if the intruder did piss her off. She wouldn't be as merciful next time. 

"And that is?" He turned his head. Weiss met his gaze head on, hardening her eyes. 

"What can you tell me about the Hero Killer?" If what Ahri said was true, that he hunted heroes that profited off of their status, then it made sense for the criminal to come to Musutafu. Weiss profited off of her image, and she had just won the UA Sports Festival. Of course he would target her, but why would he attack Yu? 

"I'm afraid that's part of an ongoing investigation, so I can't share any details." Detective Tsukauchi said bluntly, which Weiss appreciated. She hated when people danced around an issue. "I know you were a Huntress back home, but Earth is a different world, let the police and the pros handle this." 

It looked like she was going to have to do this the old fashioned way. 

--------

After Detective Tsukauchi left, Weiss found herself sitting outside of Yu's room. This time the Nurse refused to let her in, despite saying that Yu was now stable and would soon be transferred to the level below. She stared at her phone, her right foot tapping against the hospital floor. 

There were already several news articles about the Hero Killer, who was given the villain name of Stain. He had already killed seventeen other heroes, and seriously injured twenty-three more. 

"He's going to be a stain on the wall when I'm through with him." Weiss mumbled under her breath. If Stain was still in Musutafu, then he would try attacking her again soon, before the police and other pros track him down. Shinji was right when he said that Yu would want her to go to school, but he never mentioned any extra-curricular activities, or the weekend. 

"Hey Ice Queen." Speaking of the wooden man, who appeared out of nowhere, Shinji would play a big part in Weiss' strategy. 

"I'm going to intern with you." Weiss said dryly as he sat next to her. Other internships would be useless, requiring her to leave Musutafu and stay in another city for about a week. Interning with Shinji would allow her to continue her investigation, and if he tried stopping her, well, that was a bridge that Weiss was hoping she wouldn't have to cross.