Seventy Seven

Weiss' ice blue eyes casually scanned the current match that was going on, her boredom starting to reach its peak. Though seeing Mina running from the dog's explosions while screaming almost brought a smile to her mouth, almost. Crossing her arms, her eyes turned to the other teams that were waiting for their turn. There was Todoroki and Yaoyorozu's team, the team with that arrogant guy with purple hair, and a team full of 1B girls, plus Shoji.

Todoroki's team would be the hardest to defeat no doubt, with his quirk essentially allowing him to control the battlefield much easier than Weiss could thanks to her Dust limitations. The other two teams would be child's play. That didn't mean that victory was guaranteed though, especially with the handicap. All it took was one person, one ball, getting lucky enough to land a hit on her. The plan she came up with was risky, but if it worked, then victory would be all but assured.

The dog threw a ball as hard as he could, an explosion coming from his fingertips, hitting Kirishima, who was too slow in the face. Seto was already out, leaving Mina and Tsuyu as the last ones standing on their team. Twisting her body at the last second, the pink fiend dodged an attack from Sato, and threw her own ball, hitting the idiot who kept blicking her view in the classroom, in the chest.

This looked like it was going to be close, they just needed to survive the dog, and get one more person out.

"White! I need you to wear one of my babies!" Hatsume slid up into Weiss' personal space. She had a large grin on her face, her eyes wandering around the stadium. Weiss could already sense Mineta and Monoma getting ready to argue with the mad inventor.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so, and we already discussed the plan."

"I'm willing to give you ninety-ten custody, the ten being yours."

"No, just no."

------

"That looks like it's gotta hurt." Itsuka commented just as the girl from 1A with the frog quirk used her tongue to slam a ball straight into the girl with the short hair from the opposing team. She got back up with a ball shaped red mark on her face.

"TIE, BOTH STANDING MEMBERS OF TEAM TWO AND FOUR SHALL MOVE ONTO THE NEXT ROUND!" Present Mic announced, causing the pink girl to start cheering while the angry blond guy started screaming again. "TEAM THREE AND FIVE GET READY, YOU'RE GOING NEXT."

"Let's go guys, that's us." Itsuka said with a grin, flashing the rest of her team a thumbs up. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Schnee's team starting to move as well, just as Itsuka guessed. "Looks like everyone's going to be watching our match, even if they weren't paying attention before."

Schnee was a popular idol after all, and the UA Sports festival was as big as the former Olympic in Japan, which basically spelled millions of people watching their performance. Pony gave her a nervous smile upon hearing the loud cheers and boos.

"Win or lose, let's do our best! Plus ultra!"

"Plus ultra." Reiko said boredly waving her hands sarcastically.

------

"LET ME EXPLAIN THE RULES ONE MORE TIME SINCE SOMEONE KEEPS TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE, AND BY SOMEONE I MEAN YOU BAKUGOU, CHILL OUT MAN." Present Mic shouted, which caused Itsuka to laugh. Cementoss had to repair the shattered dodgeball court after the angry blond boy blew up a large chunk of it. "STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE COURT, IF YOU'RE HIT WITH A BALL YOU'RE OUT, CATCHING IT DOESN'T TAKE SOMEONE OUT, AND TRY NOT TO KILL EACH OTHER, WE HAVE KIDS WATCHING. OH AND ONLY USE THE BALLS THAT ARE ON YOUR SIDE, SO NO STEALING UNLESS THEY'RE ON YOUR HALF."

Schnee stood in the middle of their side of the court, with boredom written all over her pretty face. She was shorter than Itsuka expected, but she was prettier in person when compared to the photos of her online.

Monoma, how he managed to get on Schnee's team Itsuka will never know, stood a few feet away from Schnee's right, his blond hair now composed of a bunch of purple balls.

The other guy on their team was being carried by the girl with dreadlocks, her boots allowing her to float a few inches off of the ground.

"Do ya think I could get her autograph after this?" Pony said in accented Japanese, her smile even more nervous by now.

"Well, she did give Komori one, so maybe if you ask nicely once the festival is over?" Itsuka suggested locking eyes with the Idol of UA. All they needed was to hit her, just one ball and they would make it to the next round.

"Yeah!" Pony held her arms out as the countdown started. Soon, eighty balls would be dropped onto the court, and chaos would reign.

Itsuka narrowed her eyes, even as Schnee somehow even looked more bored, while Monoma only started to laugh maniacally.

4

Itsuka's hands started to enlarge and her breath started to slow.

3

Monoma and the purple guy started to reach for their heads.

2

Schnee grabbed her sword from her side, aiming the point straight up in the air.

1

The balls were launched onto the court, and Itsuka ran, her hands up to shield her from any balls thrown her way.

It was time to show the world what she was made of!

-----

In her haste to throw as many dodgeballs as possible towards Schnee, in hopes of one landing on the Ice Princess, Itsuka failed to notice one thing. Taking a step back and using her right hand to catch a ball that Monoma had thrown, she felt that something was wrong, even as Reiko sent a dozen balls flying straight in the air towards the other team.

Each ball was intercepted by a black snowflake, and flown towards the back of Schnee's side of the court. Attempting to throw the ball she caught, nothing left her hands. Quickly flipping her palm upwards, her teal eyes widened in shock.

A purple ball was stuck to her. Quickly glancing around the court and holding her hands up to block another shot, this time from the short boy and the pink girl, Itsuka cursed herself internally.

Those purple balls littered their side of the court, with some even on Reiko's, Pony's, and Shoji's clothing, but that wasn't what caught Itsuka's attention.

"Where are the dodgeballs?" Itsuka's eyes darted towards the opposite side of the court as a huge wall of black snowflakes with dodgeballs formed, with Weiss not even having moved an inch. All eighty balls floated in the air casually, as Schnee finally stopped looking bored, a sardonic smirk forming on her face.

Schnee aimed her sword towards Itsuka's team, and a shiver went down the orange haired girl's spine. The black snowflakes turned white, shimmering and reflecting the sunlight, looking as if Schnee summoned them out of some magic portal. The balls started to rotate as Schnee opened her mouth to speak.

"GATES OF ATLAS!"

That was the last thing Itsuka heard before a dozen balls knocked her unconscious.

A/N
Bigger changes shall come after the Sports festival is over.

And I just want to say, thank you everyone for your support! I wouldn't have made it this far without the help of you dear readers. You guys are awesome. Also, a big thank you for those who work on the TV Tropes page, I always love seeing what tropes I wrote without even thinking.

Fun fact of the day

A condensed version of this story shall be published soon, with entire arcs combined into one chapter for those who prefer to binge read. 

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!