Six

Weiss' hands wouldn't stop shaking, no matter how hard she tried. What was going on? Was Ruby out of range? But that wasn't possible. Unless Mistral's CCT was taken down at the same time as the Battle of Haven, communications shouldn't be done. Weiss' heart stopped for a second. She pressed the call button again. 

'Caller not in range.'

Her fingers started to shake as she scrolled through her contacts. She tapped on the one with a large yellow flame, this one named Doofus-who-needs-Comedy-classes. Taking a deep breath to control her emotions, Weiss pressed the call button. It rang for exactly one second when a message popped up on the scroll's screen. 

'Caller not in range.' 

Oh no. Hundreds of thoughts flew through Weiss' brain. Did her friends leave her behind as they continued on their quest? Was she really that injured during the battle? Did something happen to them? 

Weiss found Blake's contact, pressing on the picture of Blake holding a nice tea set Weiss had given her after they got back from break. She held her breath as a shaky finger touched the call button, tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes. 

'Caller not in range.' 

Weiss felt her tears fall onto the hospital gown she wore. The calls to Jaune, Ren and Nora ended the same way. 

'Caller not in range.'

Did they block her? Did her friends abandon her? Did they not love her as much as she loved them? She allowed a soft whimper to escape as she pulled her knees to her chest. 

Weiss truly was alone. 

Mirror, tell me something. 

Heh, the single that shot Weiss' music career all the way to the top. Father only gave her a scowl once he heard the news. He didn't even bother listening to any of the songs, and if he did the lyrics surely didn't bother him. Father probably thought of it as a PR tactic, to use his 'heir' to boost his credentials among the SDC's younger consumers. How fitting it was. 

Tell me who's the loneliest of all? 

A lonely heiress, what a horrible lie everyone must've thought. Lonely? With all of that wealth at her fingertips? Those lyrics were probably written by someone else, why would a Schnee be lonely? Just buy some friends, she could certainly afford that. Weiss had heard the whispers, how people called her an attention seeker when the song first released. 

I'm the loneliest one of all. 

Weiss poured her feelings to each verse, the song slowly repeating itself in her head as she stared at the scroll in front of her. What would she do now? Weiss eyed the box that held Myrtenaster, her tears blinding her only a little bit. 

She didn't escape Atlas, escape Father just because she was being a rebellious teenager. Her friends needed her, Ruby needed her, Yang needed her, Blake needed her, and Weiss, she needed them. You couldn't spell Team RWBY without the W after all. Something must jave happened to them. Weiss' friends would never abandon her, and she would never abandon them. Weiss grabbed Myrtenaster and opened its hilt, revealing the Dust tubes. 

She still had a decent amount of Dust in the hilt itself, plus her purse had several vials that she always carried in case of an emergency. If things truly got desperate, the Dust earrings Weiss wore and the extra vials could be used to create more. Normally such a process was more expensive than mining pure Dust due to the need for an experienced person with aura, but an emergency was an emergency, and Weiss was a Schnee.