Seventy Six

Did Weiss trust her teammates? If someone had asked her that back on Remnant, the answer would have been an undeniable yes. Weiss trusted them with her life, which sad to say, ended rather tragically at Haven. Did she trust her dodgeball teammates? 

Weiss didn't even trust Mineta to reach the top of a shelf, though he was good at following orders. Mineta did well during their hero vs villain exam, but Monoma and Hatsume's combat capabilities were essentially unknown. Monoma was in Class 1B, their hero sister class, which meant he should be useful, somehow. 

Hatsume on the other hand was from the support course, and Weiss knew that the eccentric girl had next to no experience fighting, unless she counted dodging Hatsume dodging Power Loaders wrenches- 

Never mind, they should be fine. Hatsume was going to be extremely useful here. 

While the three would not have been her first picks, they were definitely going to win. They had Weiss on their team after all. Only a few minutes remained before the first matches started. 

"What's your quirk?" Weiss turned to Monoma, who was basically groveling at her feet alongside Mineta. Hatsume's quirk wasn't exactly built for combat, her eyes being able to see far away. That would be useful if she had a gun and a vantage point to shoot from, none of which was useful at this moment. Coming up with a plan was always Ruby's job, but that didn't mean Weiss was a slouch. 

"Your Majesty, I can copy any quirk as long as I touch them." Monoma said, bowing his head. A quirk copier? Weiss discreetly took a step back. She didn't need him exposing the fact that she was quirkless, by this world's standards. Mineta stood right next to him, bowing even lower due to his smaller frame while Hatsume fiddled with her equipment beside her. 

"Hmm." Placing a finger on her chin, the gears in Weiss' brilliant mind turning like a well oiled machine. A sardonic smirk formed on her pale face. 

"Ok then, here's the plan.." 

--------

Toshinori Yagi was nervous, well that was the simplest way to describe how he felt. The World Symbol of Peace and Justice couldn't turn away from the two teams that were going to compete next, his gaze focused on a single person. 

His two hands intertwined as his left foot tapped against the floor. Young Midoriya was doing well, even managing to get second place in the obstacle course against a monster student like Weiss Schnee. Young Todoroki and Bakugou weren't slouches as well, but there was something off about Class 1A's lone foreigner and idol. 

In All Might's decade-long career, he had met many heroes and villains, made lifelong friends and bitter enemies. Young Schnee didn't act like a woman her age, he could see it in her eyes, the way she talked, the way she held herself when she dealt with others. That's not even mentioning how easily she was able to deal with those villains at the USJ, defeating them in less than a minute, doing so without any effort. 

Then she held her own against Nomu, who was able to match his speed, and she got away without even a scratch. She fought like a pro hero, with years of experience under her belt. 

"I hope you're right." Toshinori mumbled under his breath as he leaned back on the couch in the luxury teacher suite from where he watched the competitions. Principal Nezu said not to worry, but that was easier said than done. 

After all, Miss Schnee was living proof that All For One was out there, somewhere. But enough of that for a moment! Toshinori stirred in his seat. 

Young Midoriya's team was going first. 

-------

The first round passed by rather quickly in Mina's opinion. Midoriya and his team narrowly managed to pull a victory against a team composed mostly of 1B students. Too bad Aoyama was replaced by the judges with that steel guy, that must've really sucked. 

"NEXT UP SHALL BE TEAM TWO VS TEAM FOUR." Present Mic screamed through the speakers. Mina felt a large grin form on her face as she bounced on the balls of her heels. The last team she wanted to face was the one that had Weissy in it. 

She loved the white haired tsundere, platonically, but she really needed to open up to other people. Plus that was payback for ignoring them the first couple weeks of school, Kyouka agreed to the plan in a heartbeat, while Momo was a bit harder to convince, but it worked out in the end! 

"Let's go guys." Kirishima said, flexing one of his arms with a determined look on his face. "We can't let our Ice Ace show us up." 

"I think she can do that just by standing there. I feel bad for the team that's going against her." Seto shook his head as they walked to the makeshift dodgeball court that Cementoss made. 

"I agree, ribbit, but at least we don't have that handicap." Asui added. 

"Yup." Mina popped her p as she stretched her arms. This was going to be so much fun! Giving team four a glance caused her grin to drop just for one second. 

That was Kyouka's team, not that it mattered much, they would always be friends, win or lose, but that could only mean one thing. 

They were going up against Bakugou. 

Maybe she should have joined Weissy's team. 

"REMEMBER THAT THE ONLY WAY TO GET SOMEONE OUT IS TO HIT THEM WITH RHE BALL, NOT MURDER. AND STAY ON YOUR SIDE PLEASE!" 

------

"Ok guys, with each round that passes the chances of us facing Schnee grows higher." Itsuka placed a hand on her hip, meeting the eyes of the three that had joined her team. Shoji from Class 1A was a perfect addition, with his quirk essentially being made for dodgeball. His extra arms just multiplied their firepower, along with her own. Ignoring the sound of explosions and screaming coming from the court, she kept speaking. "Thanks to the handicap her team has, all we have to do is to get Schnee out, so Shoji and Reiko will focus on her." 

Pony nodded, excitement practically written all over her face. Itsuka gave her a warm smile. The American was a big fan of the Ice Princess, especially since she recorded her songs in multiple languages which was rather nice and thoughtful. Of course, that was most likely another way to maximize profits, but Pony was happy since it allowed her to practice her Japanese. 

Reiko shrugged, but she didn't disagree with the plan, looking bored as always. The end of one of Shoji's appendages formed into a mouth. 

"Thank you for inviting me. We may be from different classes, but here we shall be on the same team, aiming for victory." Shoji said, his voice serious. "But with teamwork, I'm confident that we will be able to win." 

"Yeah!" Itsuka and Pony grinned as they raised their fist in the air. Reiko still seemed impassive as her lips finally started to move. 

"What they said."

A/N

The reveal of the team that shall be going against Weiss and company! The fight shall be the next chapter of course, so it's time to work on my word-choreo. 

And just a reminder for those on Spacebattles and/or Sufficient Velocity! Are you enjoying Schnee: Hero or Huntress? Want more? Feel free to check out our omakes that range from non-canon to semi-canon to canon! They really make writing this story enjoyable. 

The next story I'll update shall be Schnee's Bay. 

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!