Chapter 64: Oboro's Past.

Oboro was walking through the forest, searching for survivors. He was used to this already, and not in the usual searching for survivors only to rescue them. Oboro was a mercenary that worked on his own before joining Angel's Paradise, the one that paid more was the one that Oboro helped more back then. And many old guilds remember well that fact of Oboro. In fact, thanks to that fact, Duraralt chose him as the tactician.
Back at the start of Dreamland, there wasn't guild that didn't enter in a fight and all of them wanted the best tactician, the strongest players and the perfect plans of Oboro. And he wasn't cheap at all.

But everyone feared him for a reason. He didn't care about what was right or what was wrong. If to conquer a city, he had to turn simple trading barrels into bombs he wouldn't think of it. He couldn't conquer a city, he simply burned it down and from the scraps left he would fix the city. He simply thinks in how to obtain what he has been asked and back then he looked to his companions only thinking that they were units that he could use and destroy if needed. And also he did it with the enemies and the innocent players that were in the area. All was only there and they were parts of a challenge that he had to overcome.

Duraralt heard of him, of course, but he feared that Oboro would have a big ego. But after seeing one of the warzones where Oboro was... He feared him more for his way of acting.
It was an old village, called Sunny Village, owned by a small guild. A big guild wanted it to turn it into a fortress, but they couldn't conquer the city thanks to an item that changed weather at will and totally made impossible to enter into the city if it was attacked.
As always, the big guilds tried to look nice and always warned the city that was under attack to avoid deaths of innocent players. When Oboro was called, that changed. Oboro saw that they couldn't enter into the city thanks to the item but the city was surrounded by trees. That gave him an idea. Oboro forced all the inhabitants of the village to leave it by burning all the trees and causing a fire so big that would eat the entire city. The people of that village stayed but Oboro didn't order to put out the fire in any moment.
Flashback.
Oboro is looking the fire and how the people tried to put out the fire and not even the rain could stop that fire.
A soldier grabs Oboro's left arm crying.
-Soldier: Sir, give us the order to put out the fire! Many innocent people will be burned!
-Oboro: What!? (Laughs) I won't! If they want to die while trying to put out the fire... It is their choice! (Smiles) That worthless guild shall die, you conquer the city and I gain my money. For me, it is a win-win situation.
-Soldier: But it isn't how we act!
-Oboro: And? You asked me to conquer that city. I will conquer it by any means. You don't want to conquer it? If that's so, go helping the people. By the way, they'll kill you after helping them. So shut up and leave me do my job.
-Soldier: I won't allow this.
The soldier unsheats his sword and points it to Oboro. Oboro unsheats his swords and with a panther song slash he kills the soldier.
But then something strange happened. A fairy and a psy were saving the people of the village. And they saved them all. And that pissed off Oboro way more than no one could expect. He went to where the fairy was. That fairy was Duraralt.
-Oboro: I take the trouble of burning the forest only to kill them, and you dare to save them? Who the hell you think you are!?
-Duraralt: I'm Duraralt. The strongest fairy. I want to recruit you. But I really don't like your methods. I'll have to teach you a lesson.
-Oboro: So you want to fight?
The psy comes. He was Alvyn. He looked angry and he really was. There was pure hatred and bloodlust in his eyes.
-Alvyn: I'll take care of him. He really messed up with this village. I loved the tea that was done there and also that forest.
-Duraralt: Uh? Finally you fight, Alvyn? Nice. Hey Oboro, good luck. If you survive 2 minutes it will be a miracle.
-Oboro: I'll defeat him.
-Duraralt: Then go on.
Alvyn teleported himself to the back of Oboro and punched so hard that he broke the armor of Oboro and pierced Oboro's stomach. Oboro started coughing a lot of blood.
-Alvyn: Join us or be destroyed. Choose, Evil Tactician.
-Oboro: Okay... I'll join. You win.
-Duraralt: And you must know that I'm in charge. You do what I order and I won't let you lose any single companion. Each companion that loses thanks to you will result in a broken bone for you. AM I CLEAR?
-Oboro: Okay. Such bastards you two are. But it may be interesting. Since you are trying to stop the big war that is having place between guilds, it may he a great challenge. And I accept the challenge!

Oboro joined and helped Angel's Paradise to recruit many people and without even wanting, Oboro ended becoming a friend of all the group and started to think more in helping them than in the challenge that it supposed. And then he found Lea. She lost everything she cared thanks to betrayal but she kept trying to fix what happened and looked for the culprit. Oboro started respecting but before he could notice he was already cheering for her and he noticed that he fell in love with Lea. And because of that love and his friendship with Angel's Paradise, when Oboro was asked to betray Angel's Paradise for a guild and a item capable of making invisible the user he simply destroyed the item and the guild of the one that asked him to betray his friends.

But now, he felt like before joining Angel's Paradise and he did not like that already. But he searched for survivors to finish them. He found a wounded Tina trying to find her sister and Tina saw Oboro and prepared to fight with a look on her eyes that resembled those of Lea.
-Tina: Stay away, Oboro! I won't let you find my sister!
-Oboro: Why I should go after her? I have my own prey here. Still, that look in your eyes... It reminds me of someone. (Sighs) Surely your sister is in the remains of the building. Deadlast died and he was weakened but not totally destroyed by the big guilds so only a priest could defeat him. Go. Before I change my mind.
-Tina: You won't kill me?
-Oboro: Someone with that look in their eyes? And a little girl? That God spares me from doing that. Go.
-Tina: Maybe you are a good man.
Tina leaves running to find her sister but falls in more traps that were left behind. Oboro grabs Tina.
-Oboro: I'm really soft with girls like her... Crap.
Oboro carries Tina to a safe area and leaves her there. He unsheats his swords and kills many players that were hiding in the ground.
-Oboro: But that does not mean that I won't kill other people. Also, Geralt's guild wasn't involved in their plans to attack Lea... But they are a pain in my back.
Oboro leaves.

Oboro may have a heart... Hidden but there is. I hope that you like this chapter.