Chapter 90: Shade, the second best strategist

Geralt went up to the bell tower with 6 gunslingers thaat were carrying old rifles with a star shaped crystal on the right side and then Tanya went up to the bell tower.
-Tanya: I am afraid...
-Geralt: I'll trust in Shade, so you should too.
-Tanya: You won't lose nothing, I will lose the shrine if this fails!
-Geralt: We won't fail!
Meanwhile just in the shrine there were 3 gunslingers aiming through windows ready to shoot at the first round of enemies that came and a lot of warriors, rangers, mages and a pair of priest alongside Shade ready to welcome any uninvited guest.
Kidd was outside leaving explosive traps, nail traps and any type of trap he could create to make the enemy fall back or die and right after he finished he went back to the shrine.

After 10 minutes, 500 players appeared and there were at least 200 being a vanguard of warriors, gladiators and viking. Behind them there were around 100 gunslingers and 100 mages that seemed strong and behind that line of mages there were around 100 priests ready to heal the vanguard.
Shade smiled because she knew what strategy they were following. They copied just the strategy she had to face when she was in a tournament of a strategy game of a world similar to Dreamland but it was a computer game.
This strategy followed this idea:
First a really big vanguard will protect the gunslingers while going into range, between the mages surely there'll be some earth mages that will create walls and ice mages that will open a hole in those walls to allow the gunslingers to shoot.
Then the mages will use offensive magic and will try to siege the place and the healers will keep a stable level of HP in the vanguard.
Simple yet efficient strategy, but has a fatal flaw. Snipers in a higher ground than the walls will make the walls useless and also if a mage threw magic from above the walls it would be useless. Later with traps you could slow the vanguard and exhausting the priests and when the priests can't keep the HP of the vanguard high and the mages have used all the mp or died by the traps this entire formation will be a huge chunk of meat ready to be roasted, frozen or cut into smaller bits.
Shade defeated that strategy in 19 minutes, but that was taking into account that the forces were equally strong. Taking the INT of Geralt into account, this would be a bloodbath of 5 minutes and also there was the chance that the others got scared and ran away.
But that was like signing the death certificate when you could live 5 months more of life, because for that Shade had a rather bloody idea. Some gunslingers taking down any mage that they could and avoiding shooting shots to the vanguard who could deflect the bullets, and then the ones in the shrine waiting could get out to fight the vanguard alone with the support of the snipers, gunslingers and Geralt.
Shade knew that in a siege the one that takes more damage is the attacker, because the ones who defend the place only had to keep the enemy out with minimal effort while the attackers would have to break a defense with everything they had.
So even being less players if in a siege you use all chance that you could take to defend the place without taxing your own forces so they will be able to take on an exhausted army.

The vanguard move forward and Shade knew what she had to do.
-Shade: Geralt! When you see walls of earth appearing start casting your best fire spell that attacks those in the walls from above. And that the snipers try to hit the gunslingers behind those walls and anyone that tries to run away from the vanguard. The gunslingers here will try to hit some of the mages too!
-Geralt: Okay!
-Shade: Everyone, get ready!
Geralt started preparing to cast the best fire magic he could use, the gunslingers that were with Geralt shot down many gunslingers of the enemy army and damaging the enemy mages. The HP of the enmy mages  was dropping real quick, even a graze took out 100 HP and a hit would kill any gunslinger and mage.
Meanwhile, the vanguard and the remaining mages and priests tried to walk past Kidd traps but it slowed them a lot and the gunslingers that were with Geralt wouldn't let the opportunity pass and shot down several mages.

Then a giant ball of fire that was in the sky as big as all the area unless the shrine started forming.
-Geralt: Oh, Flames! Converge in a point and scatter! Burn my enemies down with all your power and let them die! ORBITAL FLARE BARRAGE!
The giant ball of fire started scattering into smaller one and then a lot of firebolts that exploded in the ground and caused that all the enemy forces to burn or explode or just fall off to the valley and finished the entire army on his own. Shade looked amazed at that.