Chapter 75: The Bloody Killer and the mercenary of the seven seas.

Beat was checking data in his computer in real life. A good day to be in real life, a sunny sunday. But he was called by an old friend of his, she became a doctor while he worked in Dreamland MMORPG and the helmet that uses every player of Dreamland but they kept close relationship. Last time she called him, she begged to him to give her a helmet that would have an special avatar that she prepared. He remembered that like it was yesterday.

Flashback-
Beat was finishing the necromancers death area, where Tiara would be and give them a quest that had truly interesting rewards. The doctor, at her mid twenties, entered to the office of Beat which only had two seats, a big table and a computer.
-Beat: Hey Doc. Not even a knock?
-Doctor: You and your knock knock jokes. And call me by my first name!
-Beat: Here I won't. You know, if Zero hears me calling you by your name and having a good chat... He'll think that you are my girlfriend.
-Doctor: Always like that. Still, I have something to ask you.
-Beat: What you need?
-Doctor: A helmet to play Dreamland. But not a normal one.
-Beat: For who is it?
-Doctor: A boy called Jake. He's a sweet boy sometimes! Still he has a trouble in his arm and... Well, let me keep that as a secret. I prepared the normal body structure already.
-Beat: You have gone that far for that kid? Then, how I can say no! We have a prototype of a new helmet, reduces the feeling of pain an 8% and also protects a little bit against banned items. Also I could deactivate the real body settings and put your body structure, after I checked its data. I have several young men and women testing those helmets but a boy that goes on his own might be an interesting data. I'll talk it out with Zero, Bradford, Cheng, Saru and Sergei. All the paperwork I'll have to do.
-Doctor: Thank you Beat!
-Beat: Hey, hey. Calm down, girl. There'll be some conditions!
-Doctor: Conditions!?
-Beat: Yes! We can't give away a prototype so easily! And less tampering it like that! First, I want you to keep an eye on him! Second, I will grab the data I need without asking you or the boy! Third, no one shall discover that I took out real body settings! And I repeat myself, NO ONE! If the Anti-VR groups knew that... We would have a big mess with journalists. Not even Zero shall know that! Still, you'll have to buy the game.
-Doctor: I ACCEPT! He deserves that at least.
-Beat: You know, you are way too kind. I wanted to test your resolution, but silly me... you are ready to help him.
-Doctor: (smiles) I care for my patients. I'm grateful for your help.
-Beat: I'll be happy if you are happy.
Beat left to grab the helmet and prepare it for that guy Jake.
Flashback ends-

Since then Beat and the Doctor kept a close relationship and they talked weekly of Jake's data. Beat had to confess that Jake was a good test subject. The data he obtained from him was really what he wanted, stress reactions, limit of pain, reflex speed... And they were in the optimal level, no lag at all, no delay, nothing bugged. Seemed that all worked well. But well, for that he prepared the new prototype. He wanted to thank the boy, but it was hard. He really did not know how the boy would take that.

Meanwhile, in Dreamland, Jerome was fighting Black Blood. Jerome was stronger than Black Blood so he couldn't parry any hit, so he had to avoid all hits or he would be destroyed in a hit. Also a good chance for a dispersing shot should be used, since it could cause a great deal of damage.
But Jerome was avoiding the attacks of Black Blood doing pirouettes, because he did not want to block any attack knowing of Salabrutz and the dispersing shot.
-Jerome: BRAVE CHARGE!
Jerome charged forward and stabbed Black Blood with his blade but then Black Blood turned into shadows and appeared behind of him without any wound.
-Black: SALABRUTZ TRICK. You won't hit me, Jerome of the thousand flames. SALABRUTZ, I WHO COMMAND YOUR POWER, DEMAND YOUR POWER TO CAUSE A GREAT BLOODBATH! GOD EQUIP!
-Jerome: OH GOD OF FLAMES, HEAR MY DESIRE AND TURN IT INTO FLAMES, MAKE ME THE STRONGEST WARRIOR! IFTRAIEL EQUIP!
Jerome and Black Blood used their respective god equips. Black turned into a mass of blood and shadows which could shape into his body and had countless glyphs.
-Black: Shaaall we?
-Jerome: Time to turn into ash!
Jerome charged against Black and Black started chanting an spell.

Meanwhile, Lei Xin was looking for Alexander to take care of him but he could not find him, but Alexander sneaked behind Lei Xin and attacked him in the back.
-Lei Xin: You coward!
-Alexander: I'm a mercenary. I fight for coin and not for honor! I'll just cut you in half!
-Lei Xin: You are going to regret that! JAVELIN!
Lei Xin threw his spear against Alexander and caused some damage to Alexander. Alexander attacked Lei Xin with his weapon and tried to kill Lei before he could grab the spear but it wasn't enough quick and Lei Xin stabbed several times Alexander with his spear.

Hi people! I hope you like this chapter!