Eighty Six |

Eighty Six |

Zero~

We sat in what seemed like Alpha's office. With Cam off to visit Luna who was out at the hives, and apparently Lisa was with her. Then it was just Sebastian and myself locked into his office with Alpha. He looked between us as if he wasn't sure what to think. His fingers tapped against the desk. There was no doubting that he knew something was different about Mira, I'd guess he had suspicious as to who I was but I also knew if he breathed my form out loud then it would make it true without a doubt.

I was subject zero, the original Lyssasolanum.

That meant my being was more dangerous than anything else in this world.

And so was my existence.

"Why did you come here?" he instead asked me.

I tilted my head, my brow arching, "We're here to pick up Lisa."

"Right," he drawled out, his tapping halted, "I thought Lisa was going to meet you back at the Town of Roses. How about you tell the truth, I got a letter from the General Jax, stating that Alana had been killed and Raymond had taken over as Mayor. It was also stated that you had confessed to the murder however, there was proof of otherwise."

Sebastian smirked, "Why question Mira if you've already come to your own conclusion? Unless you haven't and you're trying to scare her into a confession."

Alpha rolled his eyes, "I thought I told you not to come back."

He shrugged, "I'm guessing the real reason you have us in this room is so Mari doesn't know we're here. I'd also guess you asked Cameron to keep that information on the low. Am I wrong Felix?"

Alpha's brow twitched with annoyance but he said nothing.

Now that I looked at the massive brute, I realized Mira idolized this man. She compared him to a mighty alpha wolf, one that always protected it's pack and acted always with a calm interior. But having Sebastian talk to him it had become clear to me. Alpha—Felix was not a wolf but a possum. He was a coward that protected his pack by ignorance.

"So why haven't you kicked us out yet," I asked.

Those grey eyes slid over to me, "I'm asking myself that."

I sighed, growing bored of this situation. There was so much to see of the world and this man wished to keep me contained to this room. So I stood, the chair creaking against the wooden floor under me. Sebastian and Alpha both looked towards me, I could see the moment of panic and fear in his eyes but he said nothing.

"I want to see the bees," I said.

That was no lie, I remember seeing them when Mira was here. Locked in the back of her mind and now I wanted to see them up close. I wanted to taste the honey right from the hive, I wanted to hear that buzzing in my ears. Hell, I wanted to feel the bees as they crawled across my skin. That thought excited me to no end.

"No," Alpha replied.

I frowned, "Yes."

"Not gonna happen."

"You are not my master. I do what I please."

To that, I slid my sword from it's sheath.

Sebastian sighed, "This is getting out of hand."

Alpha stood quickly, "Well, I guess it's settled then."