Seventy One |

Short chapter because I think there's so much that goes on. However! Due to length of the sessions, I am working to make the chapters longer from here on out so double updates might not happen as often. Enjoy! 

PLEASE remember to vote and comment so I know you're liking the content!

Seventy One |

The sun was setting by the time we reached the city. Automatically, my guard was raised, my hackles up. The highway was almost completely flooded with the undead and this time we had no car. It was only us and them.

"What your plan Jax?" I hissed annoyed.

Jax looked over at me chewing his lip, "There wasn't this many last time."

"Well now there are," Lisa snapped, "Plan. Now."

He didn't have one and very quickly the zombie heads were swivelling to face us. A undead woman with a ripped dress, guts spilling out reached towards me. I pulled my knife free smoothly, cutting off her head in one swipe.

"Alright love," Sebastian grunted kicking another back, "What's the plan."

My eyes flickered around us. I inhaled the stale, cold air slowly. More fingers reached towards me, Jax swung his sword. Sebastian snapped a neck. Lisa punched another, rotten teeth flew through the air. Time was a luxury we didn't have.

Then, like a firefly above my hair, I got an idea. My eyes locked on the closest building, a large apartment complex which loomed over the highway. It was risky but any other idea was suicidal. I grimaced, we'd have to move fast.

"Get to the apartment, up the stairs. We'll hunker down on the roof," I ordered.

Jax shook his head, "We'll be trapped."

I shot him a dirty look, "I asked for your plan. You didn't have one. Now it's my turn so move or stay here. I don't give a fuck anymore."

He decided to move. Wise of him. I shoved Lisa forward, swinging my knife. Another dropped, and we were moving. Jumping off the short, cement barricade of the side and onto grass. Lucky for us, we were moving away from the sea of undead and not towards us.

"Go!" I yelled as Lisa reached the doors first.

What used to be glass doors now was a gaping hole into the old building. Next was Jax, then myself and Sebastian. I made a mental note to scold him later, I knew he was taking up the rear to make sure we got in safe.

Idiot.

Lisa glanced back once, only to make sure we were all following her, before she was bolting through the lobby. Towards the set of stairs going up. The metal door was ripped open, and we were moving up the stairs. My breath was hard, sweat clinging to my body as we began the long climb up the stairs.

In front of us, a zombie stumbled towards Lisa from one floor. She let out a cry of surprise before ducking. Putting all her weight on her left foot, she pulled the zombie by the arm towards her before flipping him over her body. He went over the railing and down to the bottom level. I smirked with pride, my girl was good.

By the time we reached the roof, we had our own horde quickly climbing the stairs after us. As soon as I stepped onto the roof, Sebastian shoved me forward before pivoting on his foot and slamming the door shut. He grunted as the zombies on the other side pressed against it.

"Plan love?" he asked.

Jax moved quickly to help him. My eyes flickered around before I spotted the metal pipe. Shoving it into the door handle, the four of us stepped back panting for air. It was a close call, one that shouldn't have happened to begin with.