Sebastian's Story: 3/3

Part Three of Three:

I was hauled back, and beaten. Locked in a cell by that pig General then beaten. At first it was kind of funny, they wore suits to protect themselves from my blood, but then it got old. The general knew I liked Erin, he found a woman who looked a lot like her and made a show of taking her over and over in front of me.

As if I was an idiot.

I knew she wasn't Erin.

Erin was fire, that woman was nothing but a puppet.

I told him that too, and it only pissed him off. It made him angry that I didn't care about the beatings, I didn't care about his shows, I only cared if Fredrick got to Erin. That made him angry, and that made me strong. Even without knowing me, Erin was giving me the strength to survive.

Damn, I sounded like a lovesick puppy.

Time passed.

How much time passed?

Days. Weeks. Months?

All I knew is suddenly, one day it stopped. They let me go, and I disappeared into the crowd of the City of Ash. I called myself Bastian, and I faded into the walls of this place. Lori ignored me and Leon was looking to bust my ass for what I had done.

I didn't care.

I don't care.

Taking a breath, I walked into the job mart. Bastian was a scavenger, he worked with the others to collect supplies and other shit for the city. Bastian wasn't Maxwell's dog, Bastian was only an illicit. To my surprise, Maxwell left me alone. It worried me, it scared me but I couldn't let that ruin me. I wanted a new start, I didn't want to be a traitor and bastard anymore.

I just wanted to live and be happy.

Maybe Bastian could do that.

I wanted to live and be a better person, and maybe I could see Erin. Maybe she'd like the person I was and maybe, maybe she'd let me help her cure the world. That was my goal. I wanted to help and do go, I wanted to be good. Maxwell may have raised me to be evil but I would decide my fate.

I would decide good.

Stepping into the job mart, I noticed there was a commotion going on. Tilting my head my breath caught and my eyes widened. Her head turned suddenly, as if she could hear the gasp I took and our eyes met. I grinned automatically, so pleased to finally be so close to her. She looked away and then it hit me. Dread and panic filled me instantly. She looked away—I was glad she did because I could feel my knees grow weak.

Erin was in Maxwell's city.

Why.

WHY?

Panicked, I moved over to where she was arguing with Tammi. I calmed my heart.

I would be good.

I would be the perfect dog for her, even if she didn't like me.

So I did, throwing my arm over her shoulder and grinning.

"Hey Tammy this one's going to work with me, ok?" I could hear myself say.

Erin frowned, "Who the fuck are you?"

Turning to her, my heart skipped a beat and my grin grew, "Just call me Bastian babe."

She promised a new beginning, and for that, I would be better.

End. 

Let me know what you think? 

And stay tuned for Season four--coming this January!