Ninety Seven |

Ninety Seven|

"That's it?" I repeated for the eighth time.

Sebastian looked over at me, "Love, it's not gonna get any better the longer you stare at it. How about we get out of the van and walk over. Maybe a magical boat will appear."

I rolled my eyes, "Ha ha."

When we rolled up to the pier we found a large fence around the pier. I slipped out of the van very quickly, to pull open the gates then closed the gates when the van pulled in. It was simple really, just a simple and quick maneuver while surrounded by a horde of zombies.

"How's the bite?" he asked softly.

I flinched, "Damn it Seb, I was inner monologuing."

"With Zero? Well, it seems like you're healing quickly. No bite side effects?"

It was strange, ever since Zero was in control, I didn't feel any negative effects from zombie bites. Actually, I was only bitten by accident I think. My arm just fell into the mouth of a zombie and it randomly bit down. Hell, I'm pretty sure the zombie spat out my flesh.

Rudely I might add.

"No, I'm fine," I whispered.

In the back of the van someone banged on the wall. No doubt wondering why we were just parked here without moving. Sebastian glanced at me before sliding out. I followed suit, and we went around back of the van and opened the door. Oliver and Lisa slid out along with Owl.

"Where the fuck are we?" Lisa demanded.

I waved my hand towards the port, "Ta da?"

"You're joking," she seethed, "Fuck! What are we going to do now?"

Oliver tilted his head, "Ophelia isn't here?"

"Don't worry," I said with a smile, "We'll find her."

Sebastian began walking towards the pier. Lisa and I traded looks before following after him. At the end of the pier was a small motar boat roped up. I looked towards the distance, where there was an outline of an island.

"Hey," Sebastian said wrapping an arm around my waist, "Look."

I nodded, "Maybe we should take the boat and check it out?"

"No," he corrected, "Not the mission. Just, look. Listen. Isn't it peaceful?"

Glancing at him I sighed. Breathing in the seaweed air, the breeze of cold coming off the water. Even with the zombies groaning and moaning behind that fence, he was right. It was nice. I closed my eye, tuning out the zombies, extremely aware of his arm around my waist. Looking back at him a smiled slightly.

"I can almost imagine a world without all the zombies," I said, "Maybe in the world I'd even ask you out. On a real date and everything. Actually, I'd probably be dead from cancer but if there was no zombies and no cancer."

He smirked confidently, "So I just gotta end the zombie plague then you'll go on a date with me? I accept the challenge!"

I couldn't help but laugh at that, "You're dumb."

"Are we going to head to the island?" Lisa asked.

"Can you drive a boat?" I sighed.